Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 1:42:48 PM EDT
For those of us who have seen the movie and are fans, we know how good it is. But for those of you who are curious but havn't seen the movie, don't just take the fans' word for it, here is how Orson Scott Card thought about it.

(For those of you who don't know, Orson Scott Card is an award winning Sci Fi writer, and the author of "Ender's Game")

www.hatrack.com/osc/reviews/everything/2005-09-30-extra.shtml

...So here's what I have to say about Serenity:

This is the kind of movie that I have always intended Ender's Game to be (though the plots are not at all similar).

And this is as good a movie as I always hoped Ender's Game would be.

And I'll tell you this right now: If Ender's Game can't be this kind of movie, and this good a movie, then I want it never to be made.

I'd rather just watch Serenity again...

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#1]
In that review, he actually calls Serenity the best science fiction movie ever made.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I only can hope that if Ender's Game is turned into a movie that it can live up to half of what the book is...

With that said, I think I'll go watch Serenity tonight.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

(For those of you who don't know, Orson Scott Card is an award winning Sci Fi writer, and the author of "Ender's Game," the greatest Sci-Fi book of all time!)

Oh yeah, fixed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:

(For those of you who don't know, Orson Scott Card is an award winning Sci Fi writer, and the author of "Ender's Game," the greatest Sci-Fi book of all time!)

Ender's Game is really good stuff.  I haven't read much of the rest of his work.

I believe Ender's Game is being filmed right now, so we should find out soon how good a movie it turns out to be... hope he's not dissapointed!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ender's Game is really good stuff.  I haven't read much of the rest of his work.

I believe Ender's Game is being filmed right now, so we should find out soon how good a movie it turns out to be... hope he's not dissapointed!

I was pretty disappointed by the rest of the Ender series...although Shadow of the Hegemon was decent. I guess after reading Ender's Game in 7th grade, nothing else really measures up.
Kind of weird how a book I read 12 years ago is still one of my absolute favorites...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top