Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2011 12:01:46 AM EDT
Groups Begin New Fight

After demise of ‘don’t ask,’ activists call for end to military ban on transgenders

With homosexuals now able to serve openly in the military, the gay rights movement’s next battleground is to persuade the Obama administration to end the armed forces’ ban on “transgenders,” a group that includes transsexuals and cross-dressers.

“Our position is that the military should re-examine the policy, the medical regulations, so as to allow open service for transgender people,” said Vincent Paolo Villano, spokesman for the 6,000-member Center for Transgender Equality.

The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN), which pushed to end the military’s gay ban, is urging President Obama to sign an executive order prohibiting discrimination based on “gender identity.”

A lot of people knew this was coming but many denied it. In other news slippery slopes are slippery.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The things that make you go "Ugh...."
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:22:49 AM EDT
[#2]
What was that saying...."Give them an inch....."
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:25:10 AM EDT
[#3]
We are now entering phase 3
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Shit just go real !!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"....and they'll slip in the whole thing"

ETA: Oh, this is the tranny thread....awkward

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:27:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:20:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Klinger.....????

Time to break out the old episodes of M.A.S.H.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Surely this is more important than the pressing matters in the US and around the world...

trannies wanting to be soldiers...

inb4 being a transsexual is not a choice
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Just how many transsexuals are looking to get into the military anyway? Enough to make this an issue?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:47:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck it; why have any rules at all?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:50:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just how many transsexuals are looking to get into the military anyway? Enough to make this an issue?

The big picture is to destroy the military.  It's just a backdoor way to go about it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:54:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The big picture is to destroy the military.  It's just a backdoor way to go about it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:54:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"backdoor" in a tranny thread...really?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:06:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

seriously, lets just make uniforms, formations, training  optional.  Just do what makes you feel good, who gives a fuck if it is good for the combat readiness and effectivness of the military, it makes you feel good and thats all that matters.

You want to cut your junk off?  Or have some junk sewn on?  Sure come join the party, you seem like a perfectly normal person who makes rational decisions, we'd love to have you, fuck the rules who gives a shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:07:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:27:25 AM EDT
[#16]
What's wrong with you weirdos? I remember reading on this very site that most of ARFCOM was inboard with getting rid of DADT. I say let all the filthy sexual deviants in there,Beastiality, and transgenders should not be discriminated against. If were going to tear down our military, lets get to it, mix it up a bit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:30:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's wrong with you weirdos? I remember reading on this very site that most of ARFCOM was inboard with getting rid of DADT. I say let all the filthy sexual deviants in there,Beastiality, and transgenders should not be discriminated against. If were going to tear down our military, lets get to it, mix it up a bit.

+1....

way to make a mockery of our Armed Forces with their bullshit agendas.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:33:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

This.

Transgenderism is a mental illness, I think it is called gender displasion/displacia or something like that.  You can't have someone that is mentally ill in the service.

I don't mind gays being in so long as they're good troops.  Trannies, etc, are right out.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Once, at Fort Polk, my wife saw a man activated out of the IRR that was so fat that he had to wear maternity BDUs
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:39:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh joy, what's next, the 183rd NAMBLA division?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:40:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1....

inb4 XCRMonger and that bunch of homo-apologists bash your heads in

we gotta LOOOOVE the gays, it's so fun and kewl and awesum that they pack each others shit elbow deep
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:44:02 AM EDT
[#22]
When will my "right" serve in the military and marry my sister be recognized by you bigots!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Surprise, surprise.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:04:16 AM EDT
[#24]
The first transsexual cop on the NYPD, John (June) Lo, started her job on the NYPD in 2005
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:06:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was gonna say Give them an inch... "And they'll give you six" but you win.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:22:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1....

inb4 XCRMonger and that bunch of homo-apologists bash your heads in  

we gotta LOOOOVE the gays, it's so fun and kewl and awesum that they pack each others shit elbow deep
They'll be here once they wake up. Serving in the military isn't a right. They have the right to be picky.

This includes the mentally ill, which includes fags...

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:24:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Then the 101st Mechanized Wheelchair Brigade...

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

A lot of people knew this was coming but many denied it. In other news slippery slopes are slippery.

Yep.

This is now a predictions thread:

"Activists begin push to have gender reassignment surgery provided by the VA."

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Predictable actions from some groups are......predictable.

Whoda thunk?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Transgenderism is a mental illness, I think it is called gender displasion/displacia or something like that.  You can't have someone that is mentally ill in the service.

I don't mind gays being in so long as they're good troops.  Trannies, etc, are right out.

Dragongoddess says you need to "get right with God" Archie!

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

It's not even about that.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:31:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not even about that.

it's about pushing in everyone's face how "normal" being a fag is

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:58:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you did there; it was seen.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Give em an inch and they take a mile...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was gonna say Give them an inch... since they cut theirs off"And they'll give you six" but you win.

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Stop the world I wanna get off!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Stop the world I wanna get off!!!!!

I'm sure you could find a tranny for that job

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:13:13 AM EDT
[#39]
You think the uniform changes are retarded NOW?!?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:14:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Your a bad man...

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Nothing. I just have nothing all this I'm special, I want to be above the rules BS is leaving dead inside.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Homosexuality was, until it became socially inconvenient (early 1970's), clinically defined as a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Enough to file lawsuits apparently.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hey man, they just want to be embraced for who they are - quit oppressing them. I mean, this is like civil rights & junk.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:34:36 AM EDT
[#46]
4 years to retirement, just 4 more years.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There are groups trying to get the pedos reclassed with the APA. They are on the fringe - for now. But hey, a month ago, no one here would have been talking about whether she-males get to take Combat Arms - they've got the equipment, right?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:03:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And they will slip it all inside you?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Transgenderism is a mental illness, I think it is called gender displasion/displacia or something like that. You can't have someone that is mentally ill in the service.

I don't mind gays being in so long as they're good troops. Trannies, etc, are right out.

Haha.

I've known/met a couple of folks who went into the .mil, developed/had gender identity issues and were put out.  They ended up going through with the surgeries, etc, but only after a long time under a shrink's care to be sure they were actually afflicted with the gender identity illness.  

Big difference from being gay, IMHO.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"backdoor" in a tranny thread...really?

They are not able to reach around existing laws.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top