Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2008 4:33:49 AM EDT
If your wife of 15 years decided to donate her organs, would you want her to ask you about it before commiting to it? or would you not give a shit if she did or didn't? any comments welcome. however smartassy or sarcastic they are.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
When the medics find your card, they won't help you.

Now they are looking for parts.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't really matter.  At that point she won't be needing them...might as well let someone that can use them have 'em.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When the medics find your card, they won't help you.

Now they are looking for parts.

Thank you. I told the cunt but she won't listen. Guess my input doesn't mean dick.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#5]
 I am very pro- organ donor.  What will i do with them when i am dead?  
I told my wife after i am dead (make SURE i am dead first) then gut me like a fish. Skin for burn victims, eyes for blind, kidneys, liver, what-ever they can use.
I had an old guy question me a few years ago "What will God say when you stand before him without all of your body parts?"  I told him i did not think God would mind if i helped others have a better life on earth, and plus the parts would be returning soon anyway.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I think SOTD may be the ARFCOM organ donation expert

RIP SOTD

I donated $5 to the Kidney Society in his name
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:46:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't feel my wife should have to ask me if she could do this. I don't think any of us can tell the other what they can or can't do when it comes to our bodies as long as it doesn't jeopordize anyone else. Now I do feel like she should give me a heads up, talk with me and let me know what her plans are and what she needs me to do for her should the need arise.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't give a fuck either way, The bitch should have asked for my opinion first. I'm not one of those cavemen macho mother fuckers but asking me would have gone a long way. Not that she would have done things differently. Too far into this goddam relationship to kick the bitch to the sidewalk anyways.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't feel my wife should have to ask me if she could do this. I don't think any of us can tell the other what they can or can't do when it comes to our bodies as long as it doesn't jeopordize anyone else. Now I do feel like she should give me a heads up, talk with me and let me know what her plans are and what she needs me to do for her should the need arise.

After thinking about it, you make the most sense. You're right they shouldnt have to ask for persmission, but at least a heads up.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:51:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I told the cunt but she won't listen.  

A lot of us do a lot of venting here about our spouses.

But that is just plain over the line.

If you have no more respect for your wife than to call her that in print, why don't you show a little self-repect and just cleanly divorce her?  

Obviously you have no respect at all for her -- and that is not at issue here -- but what kind of self-respect does it show to come gripe and moan in print to us about someone you could cleanly, clearly take to court and legally, finally remove from your life?

Flame suit on.  Yeah, I'm female.

ETA My guy knows I am an organ donor, like he is too.  BUT when I made out my will, I specified that HE was completely at liberty to do whatever HE wants with my remains.  He is the one who would be alive with the memories of whatever donation, funeral or memorial there might be.  I wouldn't be around to care.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have no more respect for your wife than to call her that in print, why don't you show a little self-repect and just cleanly divorce her?  

Obviously you have no respect at all for her -- and that is not at issue here -- but what kind of self-respect does it show to come gripe and moan in print to us about someone you could cleanly, clearly take to court and legally, finally remove from your life?

You know what? I'm overreacting to something that I probably shouldn't have. After all, it's her body. She can do whatever she wants with it. I apologize if I offended anybody with my  insults and potty mouth.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what? I'm overreacting to something that I probably shouldn't have. After all, it's her body. She can do whatever she wants with it. I apologize if I offended anybody with my  insults and potty mouth.  

Cool.  Apology accepted.  End of problem.

Guys could call me a bitch, or call other women bitches all day long -- and I shrug it off.

But I get real scary/quiet and all business around the C word.

One word is about just about a woman's attitude... and the other word, well, uh... ain't.

Just FYI from a female perspective.  But we're cool and good to go now.  Back to our regularly scheduled arfcom insanity.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:22:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's a guy donating donating organs on the Internet. He's got a 20 year-old Lowery church organ. It's supposed to be in great shape. It was his grandmother's.

LINK
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Proud to be a donor, wouldn't change that status for anyone.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:26:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Here's a guy donating donating organs on the Internet. He's got a 20 year-old Lowery church organ. It's supposed to be in great shape. It was his grandmother's.

LINK

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:28:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Ever see the Tom Selleck movie Coma?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:28:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think SOTD may be the ARFCOM organ donation expert

RIP SOTD

I donated $5 to the Kidney Society in his name

They were unable to salvage his rectum I heard.

They identified it from dental records.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If everyone was a donor, there wouldn't be any waiting lists with people dying because there was nothing available.

I don't understand the reluctance to be a donor.  

I realize that I am wrong here. WTF do we need organs for once we're dead? Thanks again to you guys for your responses. Who needs a shrink when you have arfcom?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If your wife of 15 years decided to donate her organs, would you want her to ask you about it before commiting to it? or would you not give a shit if she did or didn't? any comments welcome. however smartassy or sarcastic they are.

The only way she can commit to it is to have you tell the doctors when the time comes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top