Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 1:19:02 PM EDT
I'm planning an order to Foxlabs, but I'm not sure what to get.

Should I get the "heavy stream", or medium (cone) fog?

These will be kept in vehicles, and as a first line of defense in the home.

I'm thinking the stream would reduce the risk of the spray drifting into the user's eyes.
But I'm not sure if that would also require much more precise aim.

Does anyone have any advice?

How about real life testimonials?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used them yet, but I got the stream because of fear a wind or breeze might effect your aim or blow it back in your face.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the 2 oz stream for same reason above. Another thread to check out on PS. Link
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to rethink leaving them in your vehicles. Our spray at work has a warning on it about not storing it over 120 degrees. A closed up car gets there quick on a summer day. They mentioned something in training about the possibility of exploding if heated that high.

It would really suck to come out to your car and have the inside coated in OC.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You may want to rethink leaving them in your vehicles. Our spray at work has a warning on it about not storing it over 120 degrees. A closed up car gets there quick on a summer day. They mentioned something in training about the possibility of exploding if heated that high.

It would really suck to come out to your car and have the inside coated in OC.

ex wife left one under the seat of her car and I didn't know it.

It had electric seats, and when I pushed the button to move it back, PSSSSHHHHHHTTTTTt.
It punctured the can.

Obviously wasn't Foxlabs spray.  5 minutes after I got the windows down,
it was okay to drive.

I've had a can of pepper spray in my black car for 5 years now.   No problems yet.

But I'll agree, it probably isn't a great idea.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
We use the Fox Labs stream every day and I have seen it used by men and women officers both experienced and NO experience and I hve never seen them miss and it has always been effective.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We use the Fox Labs stream every day and I have seen it used by men and women officers both experienced and NO experience and I hve never seen them miss and it has always been effective.

Good post, can you give some more info on how it works ?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost instantly the subjects eyes are shut and can not be opened. The subject is in intense pain almost immediately. They sometime scream, cuss and holler. They spit and snot a lot. They are very easy to take down and and cuff at this point. The intense pain last from 5 to 20 minutes and they are usually still complaining about being hot and uncomfortable for an hour or so.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Almost instantly the subjects eyes are shut and can not be opened. The subject is in intense pain almost immediately. They sometime scream, cuss and holler. They spit and snot a lot. They are very easy to take down and and cuff at this point. The intense pain last from 5 to 20 minutes and they are usually still complaining about being hot and uncomfortable for an hour or so.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Specifically, what type do you use?
What size can, what type of trigger, etc.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top