Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2015 1:09:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 9:42:22 AM EDT by HBIII]
Edit to point out I am looking for options on a takedown model.

Cross posting from the 10/22 forum.

So after reading another thread about customizing/upgrading a takedown I decided to do the same.

I ordered a new Kidd bolt, drop in trigger kit and charging handle. Now I am looking for the best aftermarket barrel. Right now looking at the tacsol hogue/bull barrel combo with a threaded muzzle.

That my best option? Really want the most accurate barrel possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:22:10 AM EDT
Love my Green Mountain fluted stainless bull Bbl.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:24:25 AM EDT
Kidd ULW.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:28:07 AM EDT
I also have a green mountain stainless fluted bull barrel on mine, picked up during their "12 days of Christmas" sale for 50% off a while ago.

I sent my bolt to que for reworking, and put a drop in trigger/hammer, auto bolt release, diy bolt buffer and dropped the whole action into a hogue overmolded stock. Thing shoots pretty much lights out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:39:42 AM EDT
I have a couple of the tacsol barrels and I can't say they will be the most accurate. They are VERY light and I love them for things like speed steel or rat hunting with lots of walking but a good steel heavy barrel will probably be more accurate, mine is.
Not a big fan of the Hogue because it's harder to modify the barrel channel and that seems to be something that can make or break a set up when it comes to accuracy.
I really like the Nomad stock - http://www.revolutionstocks.com/rugerstocks/ruger10-22stocks.php  for just a generalist stock, as opposed to a bench gun.
Choate also makes a nice modular stock if you will be giving it to a kid or smaller person with any regularity. You do have to unscrew the spacers but it's better than making someone struggle with a gun that doesn't fit. You will have to open the barrel channel and possibly add a cheek riser.
www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/07-01-08
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:52:59 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jdessell:
View Quote

He knows ^

And you are in luck because Green Mountain is currently having a .22 barrel sale.
Green Mountian
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:15:38 AM EDT
beyer barrels, makes good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:43:20 AM EDT
I don't think any of these options are for a takedown model...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:58:46 AM EDT
Only aftermarket barrels I've seen on takedowns were modified by the owner-turn down the shank and cut a notch for the lock.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:04:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

He knows ^

And you are in luck because Green Mountain is currently having a .22 barrel sale.
Green Mountian
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
Originally Posted By jdessell:

He knows ^

Green Mountian

The accuracy for the price of a Green Mountain is orgasmic.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:22:14 AM EDT
I don't own a takedown yet, but this was the barrel I was looking at.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series/1022-takedown-s-bx-barrel

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:34:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 10:34:54 AM EDT by tex7488]

So, is that shroud permanent with enough inner diameter to screw a suppressor inside the shroud?

Is that even something offered, a shroud on the outside of the barrel, perm attached. With the barrel ending inside the shroud with a threaded end piece. Can just add a can on and not have to SBR, and still have the OAL with the can inside the shroud.

edit, looks like thats what they did. Sold.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:44:28 PM EDT

Consider the Thompson Machine integrally-suppressed Operative TD. Not the most accurate but among the quietest.

Top Top