Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 12:29:25 PM EDT
This fat bitch disgusts me with her latest antics. A store is closing and she tries to get in. They tell her they are closed. She basically says "Do you know who I am?". I wish they had said "No, and we don't care bitch".

How many of you normal folk would expect a store to KYA like this?
What a Fing ego!

Hermes president apologizes on-air to Oprah for snub

The tabloid war between Oprah Winfrey and French luxury retailer Hermes International ended in a decisive victory for the US talk show diva Monday when the company's president of US operations apologized on-air.

Winfrey, who was recently named the most powerful celebrity in the US by Forbes magazine and is considered a cultural icon with an immeasurable influence over her millions of viewers, instigated a boycott after she was turned away from a Hermes store in Paris in June.

Tabloids were abuzz with the snub and Oprah's conviction that she was turned away because she was black.

A public apology by Hermes several days later merely fueled the flames because it implied she had tried bully her way into a store that had already closed.

"The store was in the process of being closed -- the store was very active," Oprah told her viewers on the opening show of her 20th season.

"The doors were not locked. My friends and I were standing inside the doorway, and there was much discussion among the staff about whether or not to let me in. That's what was embarrassing. I know the difference between a store being closed and a store being closed to me."

Winfrey, who rose from modest means to build a global media empire that spans books, magazines and movies, often brings her personal life into her broadcasts and had threatened in June to discuss the incident when her show resumed. On Monday, she tried to explain to her viewers why she made such a fuss.

"Shame on anybody for thinking that I was upset for not being able to get in to a closed store and buy a purse. Please. I didn't get to be this old to be that stupid," she said.

"Everybody's who has ever been snubbed because you were not chic enough or thin enough or the right class or the right color or whatever -- I don't know what it was -- you know that it is very humiliating."

However, Oprah lifted the boycott after Robert Chavez, the president and CEO of Hermes USA, told her Hermes has since introduced sensitivity training.

"I'd like to say to you that we're really sorry for all of those unfortunate circumstances that you encountered when you tried to visit our store in Paris," Chavez said.

"We really try to service all of our clients all over the world," he said. "It was an isolated incident. It is not who we are."

Winfrey, who earned 225 million dollars last year (186 million euros) has some 30 million US viewers for her chat show which is rebroadcast in more than 100 countries.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
It's sad anyone cares what she thinks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Winfrey, who earned 225 million dollars last year (186 million euros) has some 30 million US viewers for her chat show which is rebroadcast in more than 100 countries.

To the French she's just another American.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For once, I agree with the French.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The French (especially Parisiens) snub EVERYBODY.  Including other French.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For once, I agree with the French.

(sigh) +1

<Comments about Oprahs excruciatingly painful death removed by the CoC Department of Precrime>

I'm in an evil mood today.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
As much as I dont like self-important celebrities, it was a bad move to do this by Hermes.  You cant blame French clerks and salespeople for not knowing who Oprah was, though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
1. The store was in the process of closing. She said it herself.

2. When a store is in the process of closing, they don't help new customers and their friends - they just try to get the customers who were already inside to leave.

3. She's Oprah. Big fucking deal.

4. Not only was the store closing, but it was getting ready for a special event after it was closed.

5. Fuck.. Entitlement, much?

6. The doors weren't locked - OH NOES!! If there are CUSTOMERS inside the store (see #2) the doors MUST be left UNLOCKED.

7. The store was in Paris. FRANCE! They have very strict labor laws there - if they have to stay longer to help your ass, they might not get paid for it if it goes over their allowable alloted time.

8. Not everyone in the world knows who the hell Oprah is so get over it, and even if they do it does not mean that you get treated special.

What a whiney bitch. She calls up the PRESIDENT of the stores (would any normal person get to do that?)  and bitches to him inferencing that they kept her out because she's black, and then goes to bitch about it to her millions of faithful, mindless viewers cronies.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's sad anyone cares what she thinks.hr

Ding Ding Ding!!!!  I agree 100000000%
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it Tuesday already?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]
If she was sos worried about it, why didn't she just buy the store. Problem solved.

Stupid arrogant bitch.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
that event happened weeks ago, I'm surprised it's still circulating
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#12]
There goes that race card again....

When the fuck are people going to get tired of this shit

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#15]
They had to close early.  They needed time to plant the explosives on the levee.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
There goes that race card again....

When the fuck are people going to get tired of this shit

Please add me to the "I'm tired of this shit" list.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Why do people think that race is so important? Businessmen don't care, with a few exceptions I supose. A black persons money is the same money as a white persons, and in todays market only a fool would refuse it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll volunteer to be her boytoy...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Most French don't like black people, even if they knew who she was which I doubt. That said, I would have locked the door in the bitches face too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#21]
How ironic that Oprah is bitchin' about Whitey not liking her big black ass
but yet she made her BILLIONS on Liberal White Guilt.
I finally got the wife to not watch that trash anymore  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Please. I didn't get to be this old to be that stupid," she said.

Well actually, you did.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Tabloids were abuzz with the snub and Oprah's conviction that she was turned away because she was black.

Yeah, that's it. One of the RICHEST people on the planet crying racism.

How fucking pathetic. Good for the frogs for not giving a fuck who she is. Too bad they apologized.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Please. I didn't get to be this old to be that stupid," she said.

Well actually, you did.

Gonna go ahead and +1.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Reckon they would stay open for anyone on this board?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Good for her, yea she is a fat stuck up bitch but she is still better than any foo foo frog, and she got a public apologie out of one of thoes homo's, that had to be a bitter pill to swallow.

In my book any American trumps any frenchy
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Why do people think that race is so important? Businessmen don't care, with a few exceptions I supose. A black persons money is the same money as a white persons, and in todays market only a fool would refuse it.

Ask ANYONE who is their LEAST favorite customer in the service industries
and they will most likely say black women(even black women)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck that race-baiting cunt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top