Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 7:28:29 PM EDT
I have 3 Canon bodies Ftb, T-90 and F-1n. The F-1n and T-90 are in excellent shape.
I also have several Canon lenses including a 85mm/1.2L.
Should I sell these or keep this stuff?
I haven't used them in over 2 years but I can never get the price I want for these.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Sell them.  The price you can get now will only decrease as 35mm film is completely phased out of production.  Kodak has completely stopped producing 35mm point and shoots.  Film SLR's will be next.  There will be no reason to incur film and processing costs when you can get better quality for cheaper using digital.  As a professional photographer I have not shot film in about 2 years and if I wouldn't have made the switch to digital I would be out of business.  I sold all my 4x5 gear, most of my medium format; only holding on to one system for when the digital backs come down in price.  been shooting the Canon 1ds II ever since and I'd never go back.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Or you can keep them as Curio & Relic type decorations on the mantle.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sell them.  The price you can get now will only decrease as 35mm film is completely phased out of production.  Kodak has completely stopped producing 35mm point and shoots.  Film SLR's will be next.  There will be no reason to incur film and processing costs when you can get better quality for cheaper using digital.  As a professional photographer I have not shot film in about 2 years and if I wouldn't have made the switch to digital I would be out of business.  I sold all my 4x5 gear, most of my medium format; only holding on to one system for when the digital backs come down in price.  been shooting the Canon 1ds II ever since and I'd never go back.

35mm film will be made for a LONG time to come.  Just because kodak is dropping a product, it doesn't mean everyone is.

That said, I'd still be looking at selling them unless they have any particular sentimental value to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top