Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 3:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2004 3:09:09 PM EDT by tivoli410]
I've been working out at the school for the past 4-5 months but now I wont be able to use the weight room there, so I need a bench at home. I was looking at using a squat rack along with an adjustable bench instead of a weight bench because thats what I used at the school, and with the "spotters" built into the lowest part of the rack I should be able to work out alone if needed.

I've done a little research and found the Powertec Squat Rack to be the best looking option so far.

Any opinions/suggestions on a good weight bench and squat rack?

The only "fitness" store in the area is a small sports store, but I'll check them out and see what's available.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:58:32 AM EDT
Check out Ironmind.  www.ironmind.com
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:58:23 AM EDT
That is the nicest squat rack I've seen.  I always recommend power racks instead of squat racks, because the spotter bars typically aren't adjustable on them but that isn't a problem with that one.

I bought a good power rack with upper and lower cables for $200 from Dick's Sporting Goods a couple of years ago.  Body Solid makes a good one for $300 that several local places sell.  You can find dozens of places that sell them mail order by going to google and searching for [i]"body solid" "power rack"[/i].

For the bench, I like the cheap (around $40) flat, non-adjustable ones.  I used to have a very nice $200 one that would incline and decline, but it wasn't completely stable and I eventually wore it out.  I like being able to do incline presses, but not at the expense of stability.z
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:23:55 PM EDT
I found the "Body Solid Powerline Power Rack" for $279 shipped, looking like the best thing around.

[img]http://store4.yimg.com/I/exercise_1773_9343535[/img]
Top Top