Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 3:02:51 PM EDT
I've been working out at the school for the past 4-5 months but now I wont be able to use the weight room there, so I need a bench at home. I was looking at using a squat rack along with an adjustable bench instead of a weight bench because thats what I used at the school, and with the "spotters" built into the lowest part of the rack I should be able to work out alone if needed.

I've done a little research and found the Powertec Squat Rack to be the best looking option so far.

Any opinions/suggestions on a good weight bench and squat rack?

The only "fitness" store in the area is a small sports store, but I'll check them out and see what's available.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out Ironmind.  www.ironmind.com
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
That is the nicest squat rack I've seen.  I always recommend power racks instead of squat racks, because the spotter bars typically aren't adjustable on them but that isn't a problem with that one.

I bought a good power rack with upper and lower cables for $200 from Dick's Sporting Goods a couple of years ago.  Body Solid makes a good one for $300 that several local places sell.  You can find dozens of places that sell them mail order by going to google and searching for [i]"body solid" "power rack"[/i].

For the bench, I like the cheap (around $40) flat, non-adjustable ones.  I used to have a very nice $200 one that would incline and decline, but it wasn't completely stable and I eventually wore it out.  I like being able to do incline presses, but not at the expense of stability.z
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I found the "Body Solid Powerline Power Rack" for $279 shipped, looking like the best thing around.

[img]http://store4.yimg.com/I/exercise_1773_9343535[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top