Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2017 8:02:15 PM EDT
I am intrigued by their interpretation of the famed BAR. The casted frame bothers me a bit as well as the price but other than that seems well built and a joy to shot. I can swing the cost (or let's pretend I could) and I also have a couple of k of surplus 30-06. Pros, cons, opinions, experiences welcomed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't that company in cahoots with the pro-gun control industry group?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice rifle.

Not remotely close to wartime, but a nice rifle.

I have fired a few and they were good shooters.

Problem is, it doesn't do anything my M1A or FAL doesn't already do cheaper and with far less weight.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the point of it?

If it were full auto it would serve a purpose for me, but unless you plan on making it a bump fire weapon or something, I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
http://www.nfatca.org/about.htm
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
How much are they?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I've shot a semiauto in .308(they made a few hundred of them) and a post sample  full auto .30-06. Both were fun but you'll never want to shoot one in semi again if you get behind a full auto.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one in .30 caliber and I love it.  It has a big appetite for ammunition and needs definite maintenance every so often, but it is a true crowd pleaser and makes me appreciate the men who wielded it in combat.  That said, I've never fired a 'real' BAR, so I'm not tainted by the awesomeness of the real thing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
All the weight and ridiculousness of the original,  but with none of the full auto fun.

Just say no to closed bolt bastardizations of firearms originally designed to fire from an open bolt.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
All the weight and ridiculousness of the original,  but with none of the full auto fun.

Just say no to closed bolt bastardizations of firearms originally designed to fire from an open bolt.
View Quote
I mean, I understand the sentiment but I have no options in regards to full auto sir, I am priced out of an auto BAR.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.nfatca.org/about.htm
Correct.

Which really sucks because Ive been to their shop. Vet owned and operated. I didnt meet the owner but the guys doing the day to day work were a solid group of dudes. Nice as can be, super passionate, but thier owner is an asshat.

OP, if you can overlook the political BS, the guys making that gun are one of us, and stand behind it 100%. If all you care about is the gun, go for it. They run a tight ship at OOW. But if you cant Im sad to say look elsewhere.(if theres even an elsewhere)
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#12]
OOW needs to invent a bump-fire stock for it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I had one of the first when the receiver and build with your parts kit from SARCO was $2500.  Too expensive to feed, I got rid of all my .308 except a FAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top