Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 9:39:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 9:41:05 AM EST by Epsilon]
Are Ghillie suits useful for hunting deer, elk, turkey, ground hogs, etc?? Or are they basically overkill? Are regular woodland BDUs as effective?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:41:39 AM EST
For hunting animals, a ghillie suit is overkill. You won't be comfortable which means you will be moving around which means the animals will see you. Wear comfortable clothing while hunting and DON'T MOVE. You don't even need camo if you are still enough.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:11:28 AM EST
Aren't most animals color blind? You could wear bright orange and they wont know the difference. I think the ghilli suit was made for two legged predators, who's senses are 10 times more acute.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:26:46 AM EST
I've hunted most North American creatures and found that camo is necessary only for turkeys, ducks and geese. Being still and using the natural terrain are more important.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:34:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Aren't most animals color blind? You could wear bright orange and they wont know the difference. I think the ghilli suit was made for two legged predators, who's senses are 10 times more acute.

huh???

A deer will smell or hear you long before you can get anywhere near them. If they are colorblind, it is a moot point.

Also a horse has senses ten time more acute than a human!!! They can smell anything a half mile away. They have inpeccible hearing......

No offense, but human senses are considered primitive to most any animal out there, especially wild animals.
Top Top