Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 5:45:27 AM EDT
I am thinking of putting an repeating ad in the local paper, something like this (they're called "tombstone" ads:

FLAL1A, Attorney at Law

Criminal Defense - Divorce/Custody/Child Support - Personal Injury

Former Prosecutor assigned to Special Operations, Homicide, Gun Crimes, & Narcotics

There is no charge for the initial consultation.

address
Phone Number

What say the brethren? Where do I put it? Sports? Lifestyles? Local? Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a book called Guerilla Marketing and decide what kind of business you want most.

One of the things the book says is that any ad must be seen 27 times before it really results in sales.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#2]
FLAL1A, Attorney at Law

Former Prosecutor assigned to Special Operations, Homicide, Gun Crimes, & Narcotics

No charge for the initial consultation.

Phone Number

address

Let's see how my board-fu works...

I'm a graphic designer/art director and this is how I'd set it up. Minor copy tweaking (just tightened up the "no charge" line), you're ready to roll. I'm not sure if the "Former prosecutor" line will matter to your prospective clients but it looks good and I'm sure you're very proud of it so leave it in...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FLAL1A, Attorney at Law

Phone Number

address

I'm a graphic designer/art director and this is how I'd set it up. Minor copy tweaking (just tightened up the "no charge" line), you're ready to roll. I'm not sure if the "Former prosecutor" line will matter to your prospective clients but it looks good and I'm sure you're very proud of it so leave it in...

"No charge for the initial consultation" can be shortened to "Free Initial Consultation". Fewer words are better and it uses the magic word "Free".
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
True. It's all about a short, impactful read.

Here, I didn't want to discount FLAL1A's experience. "Free" is too retail and coupon-like so I didn't use it in my version. The picture I got in my head when I saw what he wrote was a clean, upscale ad...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FLAL1A, Attorney at Law

Phone Number

address

"No charge for the initial consultation" can be shortened to "Free Initial Consultation". Fewer words are better and it uses the magic word "Free".

I would consider changing the "former prosecutor assigned to" to just "experience with"

My $0.02

Trey
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Keep it clean and simple. Just the facts.

Once you step out there like that its VERY easy to get lumped in with scumbags like

Morgan Morgan Morgan Morgan & Morgan "FOR THE PEOPLE"

Did I get enough Morgans? I havent seen their ad in a while!

Hey, I happen to like that name!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top