Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2001 12:46:13 PM EDT
Am looking at possibly getting a pre ban Olympic lower and then putting a pre ban Bushmaster upper receiver. Would like your opinions on quality and such. Also, what are these things going for. Oh, and before this turns ugly, this isn't a stripped lower. So anyway, I figured that as far as function and reliability goes most of that has to do with the upper, am I wrong here? I know as far a their finishes go it's not as nice as a Bushie or a Colt, but am not worried nearly as much about that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It would [i]probably[/i] be fine.

However, there seems to be more complaints about Oly Arms then almost any other major AR maker, so who knows? The fit between Oly uppers/lowers & other makers "halves" have come in to question many times in the past.

Like I said, it would probably work, but given their history(Oly), it's still a roll of the dice.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've a preban Oly lower I've been very happy with, (1991)but it is picky about which uppers it'll tolerate.  Gotta try 'em and see.  Got a Harris on it right now and it's a great fit, but one of my Bushies wouldn't start to go on.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Two of my M16's are built on Oly lowers - they run fine and take a beating but they've stood up well.  The fit is a little tight with some uppers, but overall I can't complain.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Paul,
 Do you know if any other manufacturers will do this?
 TIA
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 Oly pre-bans, a Ultramatch and a CAR15 with a Bushmaster upper that I bough in '92.  I haven't had any trouble so far.  It took me over 6 months to get them from Oly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've a preban Oly lower I've been very happy with, (1991)but it is picky about which uppers it'll tolerate.
View Quote

Mine is the same way. Clearly mine had the upper and lower "fitted" at the factory. Swapping out uppers is not an option for mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
My oly is a 1992 Model and is somewhat picky as to mags... it hates Thermolds!!

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Im getting ready to send my pre-ban oly off for new forged w/same serial.... total is $106.95 including return shipping! I just hope it doesn't take too looooong!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top