Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 2:31:42 PM EDT
"Dubya" was not a perfect President, of course - but post Katrina the press had the after-burners on.
When they want to destroy someone and bury them, they do.
They will run nightly droop-death counts (which stopped in 2009 mysteriously), you name it.

I personally think the media propaganda engine is redlining, and has been since the primary ended.
This is, to me, a media climate that's actually worse than what killed W bush's administration- and he's still at 55%
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb17
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a sneak preview of what we're seeing today.  They've become bolder (and less worried about obvious bias) since.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The media is dead. To quote Gandalf, "You have no power here!".
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
They knew GW was a damned globalist so they didn't want him dead like they want Trump.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Best to just ignore the lamestream presstitue brothels of BS.

Work hard not to mention their corporate names, link their lies, or give them any credence.

Let them fade into collapsed ratings and ID their new digital media attempts to rise from the ashes, and smash those down too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Referring to President Trump as the "orange messiah" or "agent orange" is pretty disingenuous.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, nope.  Theoden, king of Rohan, said that to Gandalf when Gandalf was, in essence, exorcising Saruman's dark influence from the king.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]
way worse, but the Don will roll them
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#8]
It's worse by my own accounts. I used to watch the news a lot, and it was bad during Bush's two terms. They only reported what they wanted to, a lot was omitted. All the celebrity shit was pretty one sided. I quit the papers at that point, they were unreal. It was passed being biased at that point. I quit watching so much news during Obama. The press questions we heard yesterday were not the same as during Obama's pressers which were all fluff. How do you like your new job, Mr. President? kind of crap. Now I don't even know if I can trust anything on the news at all. President Trump does handle it better though, I think they have a tiger by the tail this time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]

hell no there are many many drones on this site that spout Bush was an an idiot & we had no business invading Iraq , Hell Trump says we had no business invading Iraq.

that was national level brain washing & they are trying to do the same to Trump
disagree start a "Dick Cheney was awesome thread " and watch them com out of the woodwork spouting 2005 CNN talking points.

The Media has not yet insulted Trump's intelligence. & more importantly go to BBC & Al Jazzieria  you'll see the same talking points about racism ect the mwdia movement here is internationally controlled by Globalist spooks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Poll fail. No 'Worse' option. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Worse but no one listens to them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The media was bad under Bush. He took the high road and "turned the other cheek". They hammered him every day. It got to the point where it became harder to govern because of the poor media coverage.

Trump is not going to take the guff. He is going to fight back every day for the next (hopefully) eight years.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Poll fail.  No mention of Nixon.  The press fucked him over.  Nixon hated the press and treated them with disdain.  When they conspired against him he toppled and the press became synonymous with truth, American Truth, truth you can rely on.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Um, nope.  Theoden, king of Rohan, said that to Gandalf when Gandalf was, in essence, exorcising Saruman's dark influence from the king.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Know how I know you've never seen a real vagina??
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Poll fail.  No mention of Nixon.  The press fucked him over.  Nixon hated the press and treated them with disdain.  When they conspired against him he toppled and the press became synonymous with truth, American Truth, truth you can rely on.
View Quote

If Nixon had been a democrat, Watergate wouldn't have even been reported.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#17]
They hated GWB, but Trump's very existence torments their souls. Trump just has to keep their heads in the toilet until they stop moving.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#18]
What is this media that you speak of?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]
The scorn for President Trump by the media is much worse.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Referring to President Trump as the "orange messiah" or "agent orange" is pretty disingenuous.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I like Donald, I was tryin to be funny because internet reasons

Quoted:
The media was bad under Bush. He took the high road and "turned the other cheek". They hammered him every day. It got to the point where it became harder to govern because of the poor media coverage.

Trump is not going to take the guff. He is going to fight back every day for the next (hopefully) eight years.

This is I think his best benefit, the thing we got with him that we were't going to get with other politicians.
The other guys were better defensively, more careful rhetorically.
Donald crashes into them, on purpose.
He has survived how many things that were supposed to "end" him?
How many times now?

We can continue to live under the media's foot, live in a climate where any right wing opinion has to be bubblewrapped and whispered- while the left gets to commit willfull and false character assassination, daily.
Either we go on offense now, or we continue to decline to the people who think feminism and sharia law are compatible, and that raising taxes and keeping Obammycare will help the economy

Quoted:

They sure did.
Fast and Furious was way, WAY fuckin worse than anything Nixon did.
Handing guns to Mexican drug cartels, on purpose, with the goal of causing a crisis as a rational to take a chainsaw to a constitutional Amendment?
And it results in the deaths of mexican civilians and US LEOs?
Yugely scandalous.

The reason they love to remember the Nixon days has NOTHING to do with "real journalism", "getting the story", or any of that shit. No.
They cheer on team Democrat from the sidelines. And then in a big moment, they got called in on the defense, and sacked the QB they hate so much - in a game winning play.
They were no longer just fans, they got to be on the field, and helped their team win.
That's why they remember it so fondly.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Unlike Trump, Bush was a politician who came up through the usual channels. The press hated him because he was Republican, but that's just from the normal love-hate relationship between the press and Republican politicians. Trump is independent and is hell bent on running an efficient "business" and cleaning up corruption. The old rules of the press dealing with politicians don't apply anymore. Trump is drinking everyone's milkshake and the press is apoplectic because he is sipping theirs, too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#22]
How many of you here in our esteemed forum are old enough to remember Ronald Reagan?

My very first ballot was cast for Ronaldus Magnus...I was in college at the time. And I still remember some shit head liberal arts major who got caught painting graffiti on the Student Union west wall:

R-o-n-a-l-d = 6
W-i-l-s-o-n  = 6
R-e-a-g-a-n = 6

My son is going to the same college now, and just cast HIS first ballot for Trump. He and his friends think I can see the future.

...I can't.

...but I've seen the past.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I personally think the media propaganda engine is redlining, and has been since the primary ended.
This is, to me, a media climate that's actually worse than what killed W bush's administration- and he's still at 55%
View Quote

I don't believe the "climate" is different as the MSM was 100% the DNC media wing in 2000 just as they are today. They hated Bush and felt the election was stolen from Bishop Algore. They attacked him over trivialities. They attacked his family. And that's with him kissing their asses.

Their M/O has not changed. They're dealing with a honey badger, so in addition to their standard attacks they're also making a lot of noise while they run around in circles. I also believe they're pissed off after spending the past 16 years (in addition to their work from the 60's) attacking republicans and praising democrats that their efforts were in vain.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"Dubya" was not a perfect President, of course - but post Katrina the press had the after-burners on.
When they want to destroy someone and bury them, they do.
They will run nightly droop-death counts (which stopped in 2009 mysteriously), you name it.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb17
View Quote

I agree with you:  it's much, much worse.

With that said, I think this is just the start of what is to come.   
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't think there is anyone in American history, or even world history, that is as hated by the media as Trump.

I hope he keeps on trolling them.  It seems like every day they are closer to totally losing their minds.  It will be interesting to see what happens
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

hell no there are many many drones on this site that spout Bush was an an idiot & we had no business invading Iraq , Hell Trump says we had no business invading Iraq.

that was national level brain washing & they are trying to do the same to Trump
disagree start a "Dick Cheney was awesome thread " and watch them com out of the woodwork spouting 2005 CNN talking points.

The Media has not yet insulted Trump's intelligence. & more importantly go to BBC & Al Jazzieria  you'll see the same talking points about racism ect the mwdia movement here is internationally controlled by Globalist spooks.
View Quote

The left proved they put political power over and above the interests of the nation in their handling of the Iraq War.

Not to say that opposing the war is only done by those selling out their country, but the way the Dems did it they were.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They knew GW was a damned globalist so they didn't want him dead like they want Trump.
View Quote

They were going after Bush damn hard. Look at the fake NG memos.

After 8 years of Obama they expected to win it all, not noticing the collapse of the Dem party all around them. They are now unhinged, but they really, really hated Bush.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't believe the "climate" is different as the MSM was 100% the DNC media wing in 2000 just as they are today. They hated Bush and felt the election was stolen from Bishop Algore. They attacked him over trivialities. They attacked his family. And that's with him kissing their asses.

Their M/O has not changed. They're dealing with a honey badger, so in addition to their standard attacks they're also making a lot of noise while they run around in circles. I also believe they're pissed off after spending the past 16 years (in addition to their work from the 60's) attacking republicans and praising democrats that their efforts were in vain.
View Quote

Things do seem to be coming to a head.

I think part of it is they didn't see Trump coming. He's following different rules. They were used to Republicans playing by a well defined rule set.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They were going after Bush damn hard. Look at the fake NG memos.

After 8 years of Obama they expected to win it all, not noticing the collapse of the Dem party all around them. They are now unhinged, but they really, really hated Bush.
View Quote

The did.  The press also hated Ronald Reagan for standing up to the USSR and for pouring money into DoD to modernize our operating forces (not to mention being a conservative in general).

The difference between Reagan / Bush 43 and DJT is that Reagan and Bush came from the school of thought that they'd be judged by their actions in a historical sense.  They were class acts.  DJT OTOH, throws the stupid shit they spew right back into their faces, and it's awesome to watch.  DJT realizes that taking the Reagan / Bush 43 approach isn't an option in the current political climate.  

The press had 8 years of their boy in the WH, and they were overconfident that America was now center-left, and it was going to be 8 more years of the same with killary.  DJT brought their dreams to a crashing halt, and now they're unhinged because they didn't expect America to reject their vision of what they think America should be.  

hahahaha, fuckers!  Not as relevant or "powerful" as you thought you were, are you now?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It was a sneak preview of what we're seeing today.  They've become bolder (and less worried about obvious bias) since.
View Quote

This. They don't care about objectivity or good reporting anymore.  If they ever really did.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't remember every story being fake news under Bush. I don't remember the media deliberately lying about everything that came up or inflating manufactured anger to this level. 

I also don't remember radical street commies running around setting shit on fire, not before the Iraq war. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Worse .
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I voiced my opinion when I was in my 20's about Dubya, despite the fact that my late grandmother and her husband had George Sr over for dinner, and my aunt was Dick Lugar's campaign manager. Got shushed at a few dinners, but if I said anything positive about Trump, I'd be shouted down. Thank Kek my sister is veteran CPD, and probably a member here as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top