Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/2/2009 10:33:33 AM EST
Do it.

http://www.operationembarrassyourcongressman.com/

Operation EMBARRASS YOUR CONGRESSMAN is a peaceful operation. We don't condone violence in any way. Don't harrass, intimidate, or otherwise do any thing threatening towards anyone! (No sense in acting like a community organizer or a member of ACORN). Simply use your freedom of speech in public forums to accomplish our mission. The Mission is this: "To expose the arrogance, ignorance, and insolence of our elected representatives." We want to do this on a LARGE SCALE - NATIONWIDE! These arrogant, ignorant, and insolent people have embarrassed America, trampled the Constitution, and ignored their constituents for far too long. Attend their townhall meetings during recess and press them with intelligent questions (unlike the main stream media), asked in an intelligent manner to see if they are really in touch and on board with "the will of the people." Here's a starting place where you may find out where your congressman/woman may be in public forums:

Read The Battle Plan. Familiarize yourself with our (or your own) intelligent, issues-based questions and then go attend public events held or sponsored by your representatives. Follow the outlined procedures (boldly but respectfully) and roll tape! Send the video and audio here. We want this site to be a clearinghouse of examples of their arrogance, ignorance, and insolence. Spread the word! Expose these people and point your fellow citizen-voters to this site so they can view the posted examples of how badly we are being served by our elected representatives. It's not too late. We can make a difference!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:35:17 AM EST
In on dis yo.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:36:24 AM EST
I would love to, but my congressman is awesome Gene Taylor
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:42:19 AM EST
So basically the entire purpose of this mission is to get more videos on youtube like the "shoulder thing that goes up" one?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:49:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By Swindle1984:
So basically the entire purpose of this mission is to get more videos on youtube like the "shoulder thing that goes up" one?

Exactly. Make those people look stupid
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:53:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By Hostile1:

so is mine: Kenny Marchant
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:58:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By Badass03:

Exactly. Make those people look stupid

Don't they do that themselves? Kinda like every single instance of Joe Biden speaking in public?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:58:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 10:59:24 AM EST by hourglassing]
To continue the "my congressman is awesome" hijack"

My congress woman said to John Murtha, after he supported a unilateral withdrawal from Iraq: "Cowards cut and run, Marines never do."
That's right, Jean Schmidt.

As for the original post; yes, good idea.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:04:31 AM EST
my congress person, oberstar, is a pretty much a god-king to the fools in this area of mn
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:08:15 AM EST
My former governors, ex-senator have embarrased themselves much more than I could on my own.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:46:07 AM EST
I do plan on calling my rep and senators to ask if they are going to sign up for the same health care system that I will have.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:01:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 12:02:00 PM EST by Old_Painless]
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:15:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 12:16:54 PM EST by pale_pony]
I'm sticking with John Sullivan (R)

Also, my senators Jim Inhofe <global warming is BULLSHIT> (R) and "Dr. No" <no pork> Tom Coburn (R) KICK ASS!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:48:26 PM EST
This thread really makes me think about how much POWER mass media has over politicians, or the political process for that matter.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:58:19 PM EST
I would love to embarrass Patrick Murphy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:09:03 PM EST
Interesting
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:18:50 PM EST
No problem with Don Young, the Dems spend massive quantities of cash to knock him out of the saddle but I don't see him leaving until he wants to.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:26:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 1:46:05 PM EST by MK262]
He's a democrat. Shouldn't be too hard.

ETA: I didn't read the OP prior to submitting my response. Now that I have, I think it is a total waste of time. Our representatives don't care what we think, or if they are embarrassed. They will still be re-elected by the sheep that continually put them there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:39:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By donne3:

so is mine: Kenny Marchant

This.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:42:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By pale_pony:
I'm sticking with John Sullivan (R)

Also, my senators Jim Inhofe <global warming is BULLSHIT> (R) and "Dr. No" <no pork> Tom Coburn (R) KICK ASS!

For the most part, OK is ok!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:45:56 PM EST
Already ahead of you............
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:51:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By WhackyPlague:
I would love to embarrass Patrick Murphy.

Just goes to show that not all people who serve in the military are right wing freedom loving Americans. Guy looks like a toolbag!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:57:49 PM EST

They did it to George Allen, a good man. He was a solid conservative and would have been a big help right now in the Senate.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:00:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
No offense, but people that suggest this kind of stuff do not understand politics.

My Congressman is Ted Poe, and he is a good guy that I agree with most of the time.

The people I hate in Congress, such as Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi, and not from my district. But the people in their districts elect them, over and over, and nothing you could post on YouTube would have any effect on their opinions.

The people that elect Barney Frank love him and love his political ideas. That's why they elect him. Over, and over, and over.

There is nothing we can do about the stupidity of his constituents. They are liberal idiots. And always will be.

Agreed but there are many marginal reps up for re-election next year. Obama is not up for re-election, and minority turnout will be much smaller. A 2% swing will push many of these reps out of office.

We don't need to win all of congress, just enough seats to impede the dems plans.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:01:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 2:02:30 PM EST by callgood]

Rep. Gene Taylor calls anti-tax group 'scum'
By Jen Dimascio - Politico, July 31, 2009
gene_taylor_ap
Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) called Grover Norquist's anti-tax group Americans for Tax Reform 'lying sacks of scum.'
Photo: AP

Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) has called Grover Norquist’s anti-tax group Americans for Tax Reform “lying sacks of scum” for lumping him in with other moderate Democrats who support the House health reform bill.

“Americans for Tax Reform are lying sacks of scum, and anyone who knowingly repeats this false information is also a liar,” Taylor said in an unusually blistering statement for a member of Congress.

The incident has so incensed Taylor, he’s pointing out Americans for Tax Reforms past ties to convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

The Americans for Tax Reform release said Taylor had agreed to a “backroom deal” on health care.

Um, not so, said Taylor’s spokesman Ethan Rabin.

“I am opposed to the current health care reform bills being debated in Congress,” Taylor says on his website. “We should not create an expensive new government health program or promise new government health benefits when we have not figured out how to pay the future costs of Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and other federal health programs that were promised by previous Presidents and previous Congresses.”

Taylor is a Blue Dog and several members of the economically conservative coalition on the Energy and Commerce Committee did sign off on a deal with Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) to move the health care bill out of the committee, Rabin said. But Taylor isn’t even a member of the committee, and he hasn’t changed his view of the bill.

“ATR took that little piece of information about Blue Dogs and applied it across the 52 member delegation,” Rabin said. “They did no fact checking. They did no research. They did not contact our office. They just sent that out.”

Americans for Tax Reform did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
By Jen Dimascio - Politico, July 31, 2009
gene_taylor_ap
Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) called Grover Norquist's anti-tax group Americans for Tax Reform 'lying sacks of scum.'
Photo: AP

Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) has called Grover Norquist’s anti-tax group Americans for Tax Reform “lying sacks of scum” for lumping him in with other moderate Democrats who support the House health reform bill.

“Americans for Tax Reform are lying sacks of scum, and anyone who knowingly repeats this false information is also a liar,” Taylor said in an unusually blistering statement for a member of Congress.

The incident has so incensed Taylor, he’s pointing out Americans for Tax Reforms past ties to convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

The Americans for Tax Reform release said Taylor had agreed to a “backroom deal” on health care.

Um, not so, said Taylor’s spokesman Ethan Rabin.

“I am opposed to the current health care reform bills being debated in Congress,” Taylor says on his website. “We should not create an expensive new government health program or promise new government health benefits when we have not figured out how to pay the future costs of Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and other federal health programs that were promised by previous Presidents and previous Congresses.”

Taylor is a Blue Dog and several members of the economically conservative coalition on the Energy and Commerce Committee did sign off on a deal with Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) to move the health care bill out of the committee, Rabin said. But Taylor isn’t even a member of the committee, and he hasn’t changed his view of the bill.

“ATR took that little piece of information about Blue Dogs and applied it across the 52 member delegation,” Rabin said. “They did no fact checking. They did no research. They did not contact our office. They just sent that out.”

Americans for Tax Reform did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Gene rocks. My representative is a doofus, but is pretty much spot on with the issues.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:09:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
No offense, but people that suggest this kind of stuff do not understand politics.

My Congressman is Ted Poe, and he is a good guy that I agree with most of the time.

The people I hate in Congress, such as Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi, and not from my district. But the people in their districts elect them, over and over, and nothing you could post on YouTube would have any effect on their opinions.

The people that elect Barney Frank love him and love his political ideas. That's why they elect him. Over, and over, and over.

There is nothing we can do about the stupidity of his constituents. They are liberal idiots. And always will be.

Agreed. My "representative" McCarthy has already made a fool of herself on numerous occasions. The problem is the people who vote her in have no clue why "the shoulder thing that goes up" is ridiculous. Hosting youtube videos illustrating the stupidity of the Congressmen will have no effect if the people are too stupid to understand what it is they're seeing. I'm not saying we shouldn't put effort in this way, we have to hit them from all sides, but I do think our efforts will be better spent educating the voters on the issues.

One question I've wanted answered for a while now is this: If Obamacare is simply a public option, then do I have the option of not paying for it? Not much of an option if I don't have the ability to opt out, is it?
Top Top