Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 12:01:23 PM EST

Can anyone help me out. I have a program called arcworks and it shows up on my desktop as an icon with the title of D11v25a1.exe. I can't figure out how to open it to save my life and i have to use it for school. Fuck me for being computer illiterate.

Can any one please help me??

Thanks

ARnutt

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:23:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 12:25:08 PM EST by Texkaw]

Maybe you should have bought a PC instead.
If it's an Intel Mac, but into Windows and open it there.

Flame suit on for mac user's wrath.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:27:07 PM EST
You cant' just copy the exe file from a windows computer to a mac and expect it to work.

Is that what you did?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:45:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By ARnutt:

Can anyone help me out. I have a program called arcworks and it shows up on my desktop as an icon with the title of D11v25a1.exe. I can't figure out how to open it to save my life and i have to use it for school. Fuck me for being computer illiterate.

Can any one please help me??

Thanks

ARnutt

Ooops, bought a Mac to run with the cool crown for school, except that OSX won't run the software you need?

Better get Parallels and a copy of XP or Vista.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:11:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 3:30:48 PM EST by ARnutt]
Originally Posted By TinLeg:
You cant' just copy the exe file from a windows computer to a mac and expect it to work.

Is that what you did?

Sort of, It was a program that we had to download off the net. So I guess I'm pretty much screwed.

Thanks for the help.

ARnutt
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:31:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By ARnutt:
Originally Posted By TinLeg:

Is that what you did?

Sort of, It was a program that we had to download off the net. So I guess I'm pretty much screwed.

Thanks for the help.

ARnutt

Get parallels and a copy of XP, problem solved.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:27:27 AM EST
OS X cannot run Windows programs.

Before dropping the $$$ on Parallels, try Virtualbox. It's an open source virtualization program backed by Sun. You will still need a valid Windows license. For the time being you can download Windows 7 Release Candidate from MS for free.
Top Top