Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 11:13:35 AM EDT
So it's a little last minute but the wife and I are going to be on vacation in San Diego from 4/29 - 5/7 and I am thinking about trying to do some fishing.  I found this place online, looks like something I would be interested in: https://www.hmlanding.com/three-quarter-day-fishing

I looked at the overnight packages from H&M, and the fish count and it looks like the odds of landing a fish are slimmer (I think they are targeting bluefin).  I'd hopefully like to catch a few yellowfin or something than have a small chance of a bluefin if that makes sense.  

Does anyone have any better idea or have any advice on this type of open charter?  The only charter fishing I have done before was in NY when we would do salmon charters.  They were private and set up a bit different.  So I'm not sure what to expect from this type of fishing.

Solunar tables look pretty good for May 5 & 6, if anyone buys into that stuff.  I'm still on the fence about it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:51:19 PM EDT
The half day and 3/4 day trips only go out far enough to get big tuna if you are really lucky.  Too early in the season, waters not warm enough yet.  You need to go on a multiday trip to go far enough south to get into big tuna.  You can still catch a lot of good edible fish, just not tuna.  

Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top