Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/2/2004 6:29:46 PM EDT
I posted this in the Legal Issues forum, but I need an answer quick as we are leaving soon.  Apologies if it may be off topic.

My question is, what is the minumum age for open carry in Arizona?  A few friends and I are going, and one is just short of his 21st.  We don't want to keep the guns in the car unattended, if at all possible.

Phoenix/Mesa is the area we are heading towards.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:34:28 PM EDT
Since the minimum to purchase a handun is 21, I would have to think that would be the minimum age for open carry.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:36:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:37:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:45:11 PM EDT
[url]http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/arizona[/url]

There is no mention of age for open carry, but this might answer question that will come up.

"Arizona is an open carry state. Handguns should be holstered when not actually in use to avoid issues related to brandishing or questions regarding the concealed nature of the firearm. The law states that as long as a portion of the holster is visible, the weapon is not concealed. It is recommended that at least 2-3 inches of the holster be visible. Fanny packs designed to carry a handgun do not qualify as a holster; only permit holders may carry a weapon in a fanny pack (State v. Moerman). An unholstered handgun carried by a non-permitee which is only partially visible is considered concealed, hence the recommendation to keep carried handguns holstered. Weapons carried in a vehicle that are not in a holster or case must be clearly visible and obvious, unless the weapon is in the trunk, glove box or a storage compartment of the vehicle. Weapons may be transported/carried loaded or unloaded. Indian reservations do not usually allow open carry on reservation lands (Indian Nations). Other locations may be posted "no weapons" or be covered under State or Federal law (see above)."
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:49:17 PM EDT
SinistralRiflemans comments are on the money, but be aware there is a website that addresses these type questions as well.
--RR

[url]http://www.packing.org/[/url]
Top Top