Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 6:14:01 PM EST
As of 12am I will have fulfilled my 2002 New Year's Resolution of becoming a full time cynic. I doubt that any of you people were able to uphold the resolution you made last year as I have. I would just like to say that in this coming year, you all are going to be the recipients of some very hellacious gun control/freedom erroding laws and will have no one else to blame but yourselves. It won't bother me a bit since I have already done my part over the past decade in trying to stop the tide of tyranny and got nothing but "tin foil hat" and "black helicopter" crap comments. I am tired of fighting and instead now have found a much less stressful hobby: collecting baseball cards. The Ides of March is one as when the midsummer is the second. I am still the chosen one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:21:27 PM EST
Well... Happy new year to you too..... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:24:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: I am tired of fighting and instead now have found a much less stressful hobby: collecting baseball cards. I am still the chosen one.
View Quote
Quitter! And just what the hell are you "chosen" for? Anal probings from aliens?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:39:45 PM EST
If you truly ARE a full-time cynic, does it spill over into your collecting hobby? [;D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:54:31 PM EST
'Broglio, you need a bottle of Jack, an issue of Hustler, and a roll of paper towels. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:54:38 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:09:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: I would just like to say that in this coming year, you all are going to be the recipients of some very hellacious gun control/freedom erroding laws and will have no one else to blame but yourselves.
View Quote
No major federal gun control laws have passed congress in eight years. In the past four years in my state, we got rid of the waiting period for handgun purchases, proscribed municipalities from suing gun manufacturers, and now we have reciprocity with other CCW states, which we've never had before. Yeah, things are going downhill. As far as "freedom eroding laws" are concerned, if I fail to think in terms of what [i]could[/i] happen (which is [i]anything[/i], regardless of what laws are passed), I see no such erosion of "freedoms," and no need to assume such gloom and doom is coming. Feel free to "give me nothing" but "sheeple" comments.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:20:08 PM EST
Happy New Year Brog! I never make any so I quess I am just as boreing and accurate as you! So here's to us ! Toast: Here's to us that wish us well,and all the rest can go to hell! Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:33:57 PM EST
I LOVE IT! Hey Imbroglio, I was told you could run your cards over a magnet, and that would erase the chip.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:41:05 AM EST
Imb, Congratulations on fullfilling your 2002 resolution. Perhaps now you can cease being a cynic (full or part time) and become a prophet? or professional chef or (insert career path of your choice)? FWIW, Keep telling the truth...some of us are listening.Some of us are even acting on the information. Hugs, Gwen Happy New Year
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:54:27 AM EST
I for 1 always look forward to your "look at it in this light"....because "its certainly not portrayed this way to the public", posts.
Top Top