Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 6:30:40 PM EDT
Thats only 214 days.
I am impressed with their efficiency.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, and I have been pending since the first week in March.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun control comes in many shapes and forms.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
And they were going to make pistols Title II firearms.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Gun control comes in many shapes and forms.

No kidding
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
My Form4 took 116 days... ATF is now in WV. maybe itll speed it up a bit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
What's a "form 1"?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What's a "form 1"?

Build your own Title II weapon.
SBR, AOW, suppressor, etc.  No Machine gun, though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
SBR.  

11.5"  MRP someday.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#9]
So if I wanted to build my own SBR, I would need to fill out one of these forms and send it to the gubment?

Why?

I know the SBR is in a "legal" class outside of the AR, but why do you need to fill out paperwork on it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Call them and be nice. Unless there is some problem you will probably have it in a week. Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Because the barrel is shorter than 16". That classifies it as a Short Barreled Rifle, and thus is needing to be registered with ATF
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So if I wanted to build my own SBR, I would need to fill out one of these forms and send it to the gubment?

Why?

I know the SBR is in a "legal" class outside of the AR, but why do you need to fill out paperwork on it?

No, first you have to move, THEN you can fill out the form!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Call them and be nice. Unless there is some problem you will probably have it in a week. Seriously.

I am calling tomorrow AM
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thats only 214 days.

makes me feel a little better....mine has been there a long time....but not that long
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I forget when my first one went in, probably sometime in April.

But I know without a doubt the $200 check cleared my bank within 7 days of being mailed.  

Imagine that.  [/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I forget when my first one went in, probably sometime in April.

But I know without a doubt the $200 check cleared my bank within 7 days of being mailed.  

Imagine that.  [/sarcasm]

They definitely get their money up front!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

No, first you have to move, THEN you can fill out the form!

They don't allow SBR's in IL?

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I called the DC office this morning, and found out that my reviewer is part of the move from DC to W.Virginia. So my paperwork is in this move and my reviewer is currently in transit, and can't be reached. I called Virginia, and spoke with a guy there who basically told me that she was probably on her way, but maybe on vacation, and that he would try to find it, and to call back next week, and get an update. He was new to the office, and didn't know the lady who was actually doing my paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I feel your pain.  I'm waiting on two cans....186 days and counting.

10-32
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Why does an SBR have to be registered with the ATF? Is it some sort of legal paperwork ramification?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Why does an SBR have to be registered with the ATF? Is it some sort of legal paperwork ramification?

Because the shortest legal length for a rifle barrel is 16 inches. I don't know the specific law, and I am sure that someone does, but to legally own a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16 inches, you have to apply for a Form 1. That means that you have to register a lower as a short barreled rifle, fill out some paperwork, get a local sheriffs authorization, submit your fingerprints, and photo, and then submit that to the ATF, and get federal approval. After that is OK'd, then you can assemble your registered lower, with an upper that has a shorter than 16 inch barrel.

Remember, this is in Indiana. Illinois has different laws, and you might not be able to legally register and own an SBR there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I feel your pain.  I'm waiting on two cans....186 days and counting.

10-32

That is a long time also. If your last name starts with A, B, or C, like mine, then you are probably in the same boat as me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the shortest legal length for a rifle barrel is 16 inches. I don't know the specific law, and I am sure that someone does, but to legally own a rifle with a barrel shorter than 16 inches, you have to apply for a Form 1. That means that you have to register a lower as a short barreled rifle, fill out some paperwork, get a local sheriffs authorization, submit your fingerprints, and photo, and then submit that to the ATF, and get federal approval. After that is OK'd, then you can assemble your registered lower, with an upper that has a shorter than 16 inch barrel.

Remember, this is in Indiana. Illinois has different laws, and you might not be able to legally register and own an SBR there.

Thanks Painter.

I have asked the IL crew regarding the specific laws regarding "Title II" weaponry.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
don't feel bad. the atf cashed my check for my suppressor 1 year ago TODAY and i have yet to hear a thing.

OMG I hope you have called them. You should have been able to get 2 in that amount of time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#26]
35days mailbox to mailbox.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Asshole.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Is that for a Form 1?  Are you doing that as a corporation?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Asshole.

I was thinking that, but wasn't gonna  say it  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#30]
well we have lots of discussions on this type of thing over in the M16/Full auto forums, or feel free to IM me. But honestly right now , because of the ATF move to WV, they are goin the full 90-100days no matter which route you went, weather its Individual or LLC.

It was a Form 4
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
well we have lots of discussions on this type of thing over in the M16/Full auto forums, or feel free to IM me. But honestly right now , because of the ATF move to WV, they are goin the full 90-100days no matter which route you went, weather its Individual or LLC.

It was a Form 4

I wasn't trying to bust on ya I have been trying to patiently wait, but damn, I really thought it would be done by now. Seriously though, I am happy for you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

OMG

What letter does your last name start with?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Thats only 214 days.

I hear ya, brother - I sent in my paperwork in January for my second SBR.  First one took about 90 days total.  I went "pending" on April 7th (30 days after my check was cashed) and so now it has been over 120 days.

Bruce Fucking Shipman is my agent in charge of approval.  He's been on vacation all this week and so hasn't returned my calls.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

PS - it seems like the Corporations get theirs done lickety split, but not us civvies.

If I get no answer or satisfaction by the end of next week, I'm calling my congressman.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats only 214 days.

I hear ya, brother - I sent in my paperwork in January for my second SBR.  First one took about 90 days total.  I went "pending" on April 7th (30 days after my check was cashed) and so now it has been over 120 days.

Bruce Fucking Shipman is my agent in charge of approval.  He's been on vacation all this week and so hasn't returned my calls.

PS - it seems like the Corporations get theirs done lickety split, but not us civvies.

If I get no answer or satisfaction by the end of next week, I'm calling my congressman.

Right now even the COrps transfers are taking along time. My 2nd Form4 is taking longer, I jus like to brag about my first one.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#35]
April 15th  Tammy Cunningham nee Moss... form 4.  Check cashed April 28.  Supposedly , She's not making the move.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats only 214 days.

I believe that a person named Dawn Henson is supposed to be a/the supervisor. Have you tried to call and talk to her?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Painter.

I have asked the IL crew regarding the specific laws regarding "Title II" weaponry.  

IL= No SBR

IL=Not Gun friendly thanks to Chicago!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Painter.

IL= No SBR

IL=Not Gun friendly thanks to Chicago!

Thats what I thought, but wasn't completely sure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top