Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2011 9:05:29 PM EDT
the devil.

And what the fuck do you need 10 fucking years work history for?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
the devil.

And what the fuck do you need 10 fucking years work history for?

Yep. Takes the face to face portion out of applying for a job.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Why do I have to populate all these forms on your online app when I could just email you my resume?

I feel your pain brother.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I know of nobody who has ever had success by blindly sending an online resume.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I know of nobody who has ever had success by blindly sending an online resume.

I have never, ever been contacted in any way by any job I applied for online.  Anything from warehouse type jobs up to graphic design which is my profession.  All the unemployment threads I've read on here about how if you don't have a job, you're lazy or won't take shit jobs for shit money are not true.  I applied at a lot of the shit job/shit money ones also.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Online Job sites might just be made up!!! LoL - they probably exist so those on unemployment can keep applying to jobs to keep their unemployment but the apps aren't really going anywhere....

Which sucks because I've applied to a bunch of different jobs and haven't heard anything back.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:39:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Its beacuase

a. we get 3000 resumes for each job posted.
b some people have more than a decade of experience. We want to give them a place to put it.
c. if you cant provide 10 years of experience then maybe you dont have enough experience for the job.

and most importantly.

d. this puts all the information into a standardized searchable format. have you ever tried to go thru 3000 resumes?

I do see how that makes it harder to get to the interviewing stage but thats just the way it is.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:39:59 AM EDT
[#7]
It used to be different.  In '98 I applied for a job on monster and immediately received a call back, probably a day or two later.  BTW I took that job.  Also, in 2000-2001, I had a resume posted on monster and received calls about every other week inquiring if I was available for work.  In 2001, I actually changed jobs because someone responded to my resume on monster.

Yeah, here lately nothing comes of my monster resume and the applications I've done online haven't been fruitful.  I wonder if its just overloaded now with so many resumes/applicants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top