Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 3:56:15 PM EDT
Anyone else play? I usually play the FreeRoll tournys. Have been doing very well there, and played 5 $10 sit and go tournys today. Won ALL of them.  Just entered a $25 buy in $5000 tourny that starts in a few minutes.

What I have learned is in the first 1/3 you play your cards. Play only good hands. Second 1/3 play cards, and your position. Heads up,  play mostly position with a eye on your cards.

In ALL situations, play agressivley. Never call, raise, and if you think you are beat, lay em down.

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
its all I do for a living
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What sites? I have been playing at Jet Set and Empire.

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I play on Full Tilt.  One thing I've seen in the free games is an abundance of maniacs.  Nothing like getting pocket bullets and going all-in before the flop, only to see EVERY OTHER PLAYER call my  bet.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen somebody call with some crap like 8/6 offsuit only to flop two pair or a full boat and beat me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, people do play loose as all hell in those free rolls. At Empire they have a $500 free roll twice a day. Usually have between 1700 and 2000 players. I can usually finish in the top 20.

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, people do play loose as all hell in those free rolls. At Empire they have a $500 free roll twice a day. Usually have between 1700 and 2000 players. I can usually finish in the top 20.

Aviator

top 20 out of 2000 is top 1% of the field. if you can do that regularly, you should go pro. even the best pros have a hard time regularly finishing in the top 5%.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Free roll is kind of annoying....people just go crazy bets on nothing all the time. Although once I get enough money to be able to call them on their bets I just run the table with them....using party poker I made $300,000 in 2 days on the 2,000 NL tables....

Don't think I could do nearly as good if people made more reasonable bets though!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I much prefer live cash games.  It's an entirely different world.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Most of those things are a great way to get your computer infected with malware.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Most of those things are a great way to get your computer infected with malware.

yes sir.    i belive winfixer came from one of the poker games online

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]
whats the most yall won?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes sir.    i belive winfixer came from one of the poker games online

None of the major online poker sites (Paradise, Party, Full Tilt, Ultimate Bet, Poker Stars, Empire) are going to give you malware. They are in a booming multi-billion dollar per year business, and they have too much to lose.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
whats the most yall won?

Best online tournament win is $400, best live tournament win is $1200.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I would never play for real $$ online.  Too much of an inncentive for people to cheat and take your $$
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would never play for real $$ online.  Too much of an inncentive for people to cheat and take your $$

Certain games, such as multi-table tournaments, are very difficult to cheat at. Other games lend themselves to collusion fairly easily.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Anyone else play? I usually play the FreeRoll tournys. Have been doing very well there, and played 5 $10 sit and go tournys today. Won ALL of them.  Just entered a $25 buy in $5000 tourny that starts in a few minutes.

What I have learned is in the first 1/3 you play your cards. Play only good hands. Second 1/3 play cards, and your position. Heads up,  play mostly position with a eye on your cards.

In ALL situations, play agressivley. Never call, raise, and if you think you are beat, lay em down.

Aviator

It takes years to become really good at poker.  I think you are confusing a "rush" with being a good poker player.  It takes  a while to learn all the basic concepts of odds calculation, pot odds, implied odds, etc.  It takes even longer to get the feel for relating that to the human behavior of your opponets.  After a few tens of thousands of hands you'll get a good intuituive feel of how to play the game correctly.  If you're good, you might consistently win a little more than you lose.

Sometimes you can find some online games that are just chock full of newbies that think they are experts.  In that case grab the low hanging fruit while you can. Those games seem a little rarer than they were a short while back.

You want to know the best way to make a little money playing poker? Start with a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top