Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2001 7:35:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Your best bet is to go to a car dealer, next time you buy a car and ask them to let you see your credit report!  They are normally quite accomidating when you are buying something.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind when you are checking it that each time your credit is ran (checked) it lowers your score from five to ten points. Given an average of 600 for a "run of the mill" score and the fact that 30 points one way or the other can make a huge difference be careful as to how often you run it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I used www.worthknowing.com, they had a nice "human readable" format.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Keep in mind when you are checking it that each time your credit is ran (checked) it lowers your score from five to ten points. Given an average of 600 for a "run of the mill" score and the fact that 30 points one way or the other can make a huge difference be careful as to how often you run it.
View Quote

[b]REALLY?[/b] Why do they penalize you for having your credit checked?  Is this a way of flagging someone who's trying to take out a lot of loans all over town in a short period of time?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#6]
trying to buy a house, but my credit is bad. I have been asked for [B]letters of explaintion .[/B]
So I figure that " so I tried to screw you... come on trust me this time" just might not work.

Any one know where I can can get examples.

must of the stuff is old but not all.

Thank You...

should i of paid all my crap YES did I NO....
take care of your credit..

[stick] [spank]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The big 3 that most use are Equifax, Experian, and transunion. I just got one from all three. Two I got instantly online and the other they sent to me. Very easy to read with advice on how to improve your credit. Two even give your # score which is what a lot of lenders look at for quick reference. But I did find mistakes that is affecting my score which I am in the process of clearing up.

I suggest everyone do this once a year or so to keep up with what is going on, and catch false items quickly.

I believe it was around $8.00 each.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not when YOU check YOUR credit report, does not affect your report at all. When you apply for something and a company has to check your report, it does lower your overall FICA score. Not by much, unless you apply for alot of credit within a short period of time. My wife worked for Experian for five years.

I used [url]http://www.myfico.com/[/url]

For about 40.00, you can check your report three times in one year. Now they have a special where you can check it four times a year for the same price. The thing I really liked is, they give you your FICA score and you can do online, if you want to give the information out on the net.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I checked out my credit report online.  It was through my credit card company.  (They ALL have websites).  I pay most of my credit bills online anyway, I might as well see my credit card report myself.

As someone who dabbled in getting around "security" features on software, I can pretty much tell you no one will be looking at that info.  Be carful how often you check your credit.  That gets counted, and if your credit report is getting checked often, credit companies think you're going all around trying to get a lot financed at one time.  The website will have more info.

3Bureau.com is a good site.  There's only 3 companies authorized by US Govt to handle credit.  This site gets you your credit report from all 3.

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I know quite a bit about this subject.  I recommend going straight to the credit reporting companies to get your information.  Doing so allows you to dispute anything online.  Also some of them give you your credit score and explain how they got it.  I just found out that my credit rating is a lot worse than I thought, all because some disputed medicals bills were collection items.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I have checked mine several times on/thru the net..I used Equifax..never a problem...they ask qualifing questions to see if its really you trying to get the report...thats kinda nice...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top