Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/7/2001 7:24:24 PM EDT
Well maybe a few month more than one year. I found this site and signed up. At the time I had just gotten my first AR. It was a kit I bought from ASA. Other than shooting AR's in the past this was really my first true involvement with this weapon. I did not even know where to begin as far as putting it together. So I searched and found this site. Well the old board anyway. I did not even know about the forums. I just cruised around the main page and found my answers. I then found myself in the forums a month later. My first post was on the Legal forum about SB23 and how to go about repealing it. I have been here ever since. I have learned a lot about laws, AR's, different view points. Some have pissed me off, made me laugh, made me go HMMMMM....But mostly added to my life. I have felt a lot of comaraderie and out right friendliness on this board. I have met some great people. I have done business with some as well. Some of you have given me good advice and supported me through my late trying times via this board. For that I thank you all. A lot has happened in a year. I have broken up with a girlfriend, went out in the single world to play again. I uprooted my life to begin a new here in Dallas. It hasn't been easy to move to a place not knowing anyone and to a new job. Even harder to adapt being un-employed. You guys have been a form of a support group for me. Again I thank you. This sites gives hope to the gun community. One that is shining brightly. I'd also like to thank the Avila's and staff for this great contribution. Here's to another year [beer]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:28:20 PM EDT
Uh, you can love your forum buddies it's just you can't [b]LOVE[/b] your forum buddies. [):)] NSF
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:29:48 PM EDT
Great post. You and I have a lot in common. Except for that grilled sausage thing . . .
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:32:01 PM EDT
how come you didn't just cut & paste your simular post from ak47.net[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:32:25 PM EDT
Lordtrader, your posts here along with some other folks I usually got a kick from reading. Glad to see your still on board. Hope your job situation is getting better, which means you can buy more guns!
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:33:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NYshooter: how come you didn't just cut & paste your simular post from ak47.net[}:D]
View Quote
b.t.w glad you said here's to another year, because the ending of your post over there I me thinking something bad was going on with you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:49:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 7:56:50 PM EDT
No Jojo I don't want to [b]"love"[/b] anyone on this board. Well unless they are decent looking womenz of course. (notice I didn't say hot. Lowering my standards in the hopes of getting some [;)] Funny I signed up on AK47.net about a 2wks or so from signing up here and I wanted an AK. That's why I try to stay away from HK sites. I signed up on FALfiles and I wanted a FAL still do. I gotta quit going on gun boards. A man can go broke doing this. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:36:17 PM EDT
just stay away from www.beltfedfullauto40mmgrenadelauncher.com
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 12:48:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mattsd: just stay away from www.beltfedfullauto40mmgrenadelauncher.com
View Quote
Thanx now I want one of those too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 9:39:00 PM EDT
Here's my gift to all of you. Well the ladies might not like it. Sorry, ladies I'll if I can make up something for you. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=50328[/url]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 9:44:44 PM EDT
I signed up in September last year too. I was the same way. It took me a month and a half to find the boards. Now this place is my home on the internet. I feel comfortable here. As an added bonus I know more about rifles and laws than most people I know.(including a couple of ffl's. LOL!) I love you guys [u]and gals[/u][:D]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:09:35 PM EDT
Though I've never replied to one of your topics until now, I rely on you as "one of the regulars". I lurk mostly, but am here daily, I registered in , shit, I don't know , like 98 or 99. and have accumulated maybe 120 posts between both old and new boards. But as with almost all "gun culture " folks, I consider many of you friends,and will treat you as if I had known you all my life, even if I have never spoken with you, and all are welcome at my range, house, bar, dojo, whatever. Anyhow,Lordtrader, since we are "gun culture" friends, 2100+ posts in a year, holy shit you BS a lot. :-) Ed
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:12:37 PM EDT
Make that somewhere around 3500 post elcope. I racked up about 1000 in the old board before it was replaced by this one. Having been unemployed I am really racking up the post these past 3months.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:44:30 PM EDT
Yes! Here's to another year! [beer] Let's all have a bare chested hug!! [>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 11:28:12 PM EDT
Way to go LT I always look foward to your posts. All we have to do now is find you a job and a good lady.
Top Top