Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 3:02:40 PM EDT
I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in verifying/disproving this for me.  I smelled bullshit right around the time he told me he had "five knife kills" in Iraq.

He is currently serving, and AFAIK is in the sandbox right now, and he is a good guy, but I think he's a bit of a bullshitter.  He has tons of pictures of himself with different cool weapons (silenced M9, M82 Barrett, SPR, etc, list goes on) but I don't think that means much, other than he had the capability of having cool weapons.

I don't want to post his name publicly, but if any of you would be willing to just get me an MOS out of AKO please IM.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Just ask him if he was with the 34th Sog over in the gulf..... If he is a bull shitter he will say he was, or was part of the 22nd SOG ... Then you will know how full of shit he is cuz there are no such things currently. They do not exist, but are commonly written about and read about by bullshitters.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
First of all, SF operators usually don't go around blabbing about their exploits, so right there I call bullshit.

If in doubt, ask to see his DD-214, then scan it, blur out his SSN# and post it on here. We will be able to tell if he's legit or not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to RRTX, I think we've found him in AKO.  Field Artillery officer, 2LT.  Bullshit.

He's only about 25 or 26 or so, so that was the first alarm bell. Seemed a bit young, having only been AD after commissioning from the ROTC program for a few years.  Didn't seem right at all, I just wanted to get a little confirmation.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
If he's had 5 knife kills he needs to go to weapons retention class.  He need's to be slapped.  He's more full of shit than a septic tank.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
First of all, SF operators usually don't go around blabbing about their exploits, so right there I call bullshit.

If in doubt, ask to see his DD-214, then scan it, blur out his SSN# and post it on here. We will be able to tell if he's legit or not.

He will not have a DD-214 until he leaves the military.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Incorrect, if he's been transferred from the Active Army to the IRR, he will have a DD-214. I'm assuming since he's this guy's roommate, he's no longer on Active duty.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Incorrect, if he's been transferred from the Active Army to the IRR, he will have a DD-214. I'm assuming since he's this guy's roommate, he's no longer on Active duty.

I based my post on this part of the original post.

"He is currently serving, and AFAIK is in the sandbox right now, and he is a good guy, but I think he's a bit of a bullshitter. He has tons of pictures of himself with different cool weapons (silenced M9, M82 Barrett, SPR, etc, list goes on) but I don't think that means much, other than he had the capability of having cool weapons."
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I based my post on this part of the original post.

"He is currently serving, and AFAIK is in the sandbox right now, and he is a good guy, but I think he's a bit of a bullshitter. He has tons of pictures of himself with different cool weapons (silenced M9, M82 Barrett, SPR, etc, list goes on) but I don't think that means much, other than he had the capability of having cool weapons."

Indeed, he's an alumnus of my fraternity and the Army ROTC program at my college.  As it happens, I'm an alumnus as well, so no roommates for me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got connections in the SF world.  Shoot me his name/all pertinent info and I'll see what I can find out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've got connections in the SF world.  Shoot me his name/all pertinent info and I'll see what I can find out.

Already found out to my satisfaction.  He's full of shit, and is a 2LT doing Field Artillery.  Pretty much what I expected, but now that I know what he does, I can mess with him the next time he shows up spinning tall tales.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If he's had 5 knife kills he needs to go to weapons retention class.  He need's to be slapped.  He's more full of shit than a septic tank.

Maybe he played one too many games of counterstrike.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:28:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't want to offend any former gun bunnies here, but the guy's a REMF and an officer and claims he's SF! That's sad.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he played one too many games of counterstrike.

Actually, I think the most of it was him trying to pick up one of the other guy's girlfriend the last time I saw him.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#14]
If you want, I can easily verify if the guy is associated with SF. I am assigned to operate and train with Iraqi Security Forces and the local ODA and I work together alot. Wouldn't be a problem to ask them to check on it. I'm sure they would love to "out" an imposter.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#15]
i have a few friends in the SF community, and they all speak 2nd languages, Thai, Spanish according to the group assigned etc.  is this still SOP? does this guy speak a second language?  jsut curious..thanks   romeo  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i have a few friends in the SF community, and they all speak 2nd languages, Thai, Spanish according to the group assigned etc.  is this still SOP? does this guy speak a second language?  jsut curious..thanks   romeo  

Are you asking if its still SOP that SF guys know a 2nd language? If so everyone still attends language school after Phase 4 typically unless they can test out on a language they already know and score a 1/1. Depending on the language you might be only required to speak certain phrases while other languages might require more proficiency because it is easier to learn.

If you weren't asking about this, then just ignore me
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#17]
thanks, thats exactly what i was asking!  didnt know if they still ahd to speak it fluently.     romeo
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thanks to RRTX, I think we've found him in AKO.  Field Artillery officer, 2LT.  Bullshit.

He's only about 25 or 26 or so, so that was the first alarm bell. Seemed a bit young, having only been AD after commissioning from the ROTC program for a few years.  Didn't seem right at all, I just wanted to get a little confirmation.

Since hes and officer, just ask him his rank.

When he says anything but Captain or above... inform him that he isn't even eligible to attend SF selection... therefore full of shit.

Start a movement or something to have his ass booted from the fraternity.  You want a lying piece of shit like that around?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Start a movement or something to have his ass booted from the fraternity.  You want a lying piece of shit like that around?

If we kicked out all the liars in the fraternity, there wouldn't be a fraternity anymore. Next thing you're going to suggest we kick out all the drunks
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I don't want to offend any former gun bunnies here, but the guy's a REMF and an officer and claims he's SF! That's sad.

FA is not REMF.  Pretty funny coming from an MP.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe he's in the SF's arty branch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#22]
My guess is that he is probably firing missions in support of SF Operations and considers that he is part of the same team. Not a big problem for me at least the guy is there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#23]
How long has he been in the army?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:51:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He will not have a DD-214 until he leaves the military.

Is the officer version of an ERB an ORB?  If so, you could have him pull it up on AKO sometime and see just what he has.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:52:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in verifying/disproving this for me.  I smelled bullshit right around the time he told me he had "five knife kills" in Iraq.

I only had one knife kill in Iraq, but I dont think Geckos count...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Judging by the claims, he works in the mess hall, maybe a rough mess hall...................................
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If you want, I can easily verify if the guy is associated with SF. I am assigned to operate and train with Iraqi Security Forces and the local ODA and I work together alot. Wouldn't be a problem to ask them to check on it. I'm sure they would love to "out" an imposter.

I live with two teams, send me whatever you need.  I can probably get it.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#28]
We are called "The Quiet Proffesionals" for a reason.  Guys who love to tell what a high speed commando they are, usually are full of shit......... or a ranger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top