Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2002 12:36:33 PM EDT
My neighborhood is quiet and peaceful, not unlike hundreds of others, I imagine.  One of the nice things is that we can put semi-useful stuff on the curb before trash day and they usually "disappear" before the trash service arrives.  No problem.  Someone has gotten a broken down bike, sawhorse, old patio furniture, kids toys, speaker boxes, and other stuff that way.

Last weekend, we brought home 3 deer and a hog after a successful hunt.  It took us most of the week to clean, wrap and freeze all of the meat.  Problem was, my uncle had to let me borrow an old cooler so that I could bring home all of the meat.  It leaked.  In my wife's car.  And caused a stink that only Satan himself would be proud of.  Or perhaps a weiner dog.

Anyway, I used it all week to hold the bags of  fat, bones, and scrap meat/tissue until I could toss it out this morning.  When I took it to the curb last night, I was VERY CAREFUL not to crack the lid, which wasn't attached by hinges anyway.  Like I said, it was old and nasty.  By last night, it was getting ripe beyond words.  Maybe an interpretive dance could describe the smell, but not any human words.

My wife got up this morning before the trash service had arrived and immediately noticed that the leaky, broken hinged, nasty cooler full of rotten meat and bones was...you guessed it:  gone.  

So.  To whomever took the cooler, I must say this:  Merry Christmas!  [<|:d>][puke]

-White Horse
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 12:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
A story like that just warms the cockels of my heart.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Let us know (as soon as you are released from custody) whose remains the police thought you were trying to dispose of.
[:D]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Let us know (as soon as you are released from custody) whose remains the police thought you were trying to dispose of.
View Quote

My exact thought!
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A story like that just warms the cockels of my heart.
View Quote

Sounds painfull!
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Where in FL are you.Before I left Orlando and brought the flag out with me, my wife and I had a game of how long it would take the puerto ricans to pick up stuff we threw out by the curb.This stuff was total junk but the ricans were on it like stink on shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where in FL are you.Before I left Orlando and brought the flag out with me, my wife and I had a game of how long it would take the puerto ricans to pick up stuff we threw out by the curb.This stuff was total junk but the ricans were on it like stink on shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#7]
It could been an alligator wrestler trying to stay within his budget to feed his pets.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#8]
There were two current threads I have studiously avoided reading.  This is one of them.  Now there is just one unread thread.  Based on this it will stay that way.  What's dinner conversation at your house like?

Actually I LMAO but there's food on the desk this holiday and I intend to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I once watched a latin guy and his wife stick a full-sized cat piss L shaped cat piss soaked sectional with chair and 4' x 4' footstool into an Astro van. The largest part of the sectional went on the roof. I ended up taking the guy some twine because he was going to drive off holding it down with his arm while driving.

I wonder how long it took them to notice the cat piss smell after they got it in the living room? [:D]

Bob
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Similar things have happened to my family.
The worst was when we had rolled up pieces of '70's shag carpet (the real long stuff) out by the curb.  It was from the basement and the reason we got rid of it was it was pretty much used by the new puppy we had as her toilet.[:D]  We picked up many a turd off that carpet.  I think I can still smell it all.

Anyway, within a couple hours of putting it near the curb it was gone![:)]  You would think the heavily stained padding that was also at the curb (that they didn't take), would have given them a clue!
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:35:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok.. so I [i]needed[/i] a cooler..  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top