Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/8/2004 9:13:21 AM EST

BERLIN (Reuters) - Fourteen years and a trillion euros after reunification one in five Germans would like to see the barrier that split the country during the Cold War put back, a survey found Wednesday.

A poll by the Forsa institute found a quarter of western Germans wishing the 15 million east Germans were cut off again by the Berlin Wall, living in a different state, while 12 percent of eastern Germans wanted out of the united Germany.

Many westerners said they were disgruntled because they have had to foot the bill for reunification -- 24 percent said they had suffered financially as a result.

In the formerly communist east, which has twice the unemployment as in the west and where wages are still below western levels, one-third said they were no better off financially because of unification and the end of communism.

Berlin Wall
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:14:21 AM EST
Fuck, take the liberals and democrats from the USA and put them back behind that wall.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:18:35 AM EST

My God, how short people's memories are. Yeah, putting that wall back up will just make ALL the nasty problems go right away, won't it.

Idiots!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:27:16 AM EST
Undank ist der Welt Lohn.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:57:31 PM EST
Just goes to show what years of communist indoctrination will do to a people as a whole -- it will RUIN THEM. It will destroy the will to work hard for a reward. There is a reason that Ossis dont fare as well as their Western neighbors -- they were raised by a nanny state.

That kind of crap ruins you for life
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:12:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 5:12:35 PM EST by steady]
I wish there was a "Mexico Wall". I'm tired of footing the bill for all the illegals.
Top Top