Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 10:13:21 AM EDT

BERLIN (Reuters) - Fourteen years and a trillion euros after reunification one in five Germans would like to see the barrier that split the country during the Cold War put back, a survey found Wednesday.

A poll by the Forsa institute found a quarter of western Germans wishing the 15 million east Germans were cut off again by the Berlin Wall, living in a different state, while 12 percent of eastern Germans wanted out of the united Germany.

Many westerners said they were disgruntled because they have had to foot the bill for reunification -- 24 percent said they had suffered financially as a result.

In the formerly communist east, which has twice the unemployment as in the west and where wages are still below western levels, one-third said they were no better off financially because of unification and the end of communism.

Berlin Wall
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck, take the liberals and democrats from the USA and put them back behind that wall.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#2]

My God, how short people's memories are.  Yeah, putting that wall back up will just make ALL the nasty problems go right away, won't it.  

Idiots!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Undank ist der Welt Lohn.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Just goes to show what years of communist indoctrination will do to a people as a whole -- it will RUIN THEM.  It will destroy the will to work hard for a reward.  There is a reason that Ossis dont fare as well as their Western neighbors -- they were raised by a nanny state.

That kind of crap ruins you for life
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish there was a "Mexico Wall".  I'm tired of footing the bill for all the illegals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top