Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/7/2005 4:13:19 AM EDT
Excellent Story !

An early morning break-in to a Nicetown home resulted in an off-duty firefighter returning gunfire after being fired upon. One intruder is dead, two are wounded, and one suspect escaped.

The firefighter, who was inside his North 18th Street home in Nicetown, was awakened Friday morning when he heard someone breaking into his home with noise coming from downstairs.

It happened around midnight. The firefighter quickly grabbed his handgun, went downstairs and spotted four men inside his living room area attempting burglarize his home.

One of the burglars fired at him. The firefighter returned the gunfire, leaving three wounded. One man escaped.

Police arrived at the scene. One wounded intruder was taken to Albert Einstein medical center, where he died.

The two other wounded burglars were taken to Temple University Hospital. One of the suspects managed to escape and remains at large.

The firefighter whose home was broken into was not hurt.

LINKY
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:16:35 AM EDT

I love Pennsylvania.

Nicetown ... isn't that part of Philadelphia? In which case, this shooting happened in New Jersey West. Hope the firefighter doesn't get charged.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:17:49 AM EDT
Thanks for the post. Can you keep us informed on the outcome?

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:17:54 AM EDT
I doubt the firefighter will be charged. Especially with the intruders shooting first. I'm surprised to see this in the news around here. Usually it's just the bad things about guns.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:18:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thebomber:

Bomber

My Pleasure.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:19:07 AM EDT
Job well done, glad he wasn't hurt.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:02:03 AM EDT
I doubt the firefighter will be charged. Especially with the intruders shooting first.

It is a sad state of affairs that this even occurs to us, worrying about being charged with a crime for self defense in your own home.

This needs to change.

We did in my state, bent legislators ears, and we have a lower crime rate now because of it. Other states have done the same.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:05:15 AM EDT
4 vs. 1 with an exchange of gunfire and he kills one, wounds two, and the last one ran away scared! Maybe that firefighter should file an application with the local PD?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:07:31 AM EDT
SWEET!!! A little bleach in the gene pool.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:10:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KlubMarcus:
4 vs. 1 with an exchange of gunfire and he kills one, wounds two, and the last one ran away scared! Maybe that firefighter should file an application with the local PD?

What? And lose his sweet work schedule?

Good shooting brother.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:11:23 AM EDT
All the gunfire could have been avoided if he had just racked his 12 guage, right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:15:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 5:15:45 AM EDT by FLGreg]

Originally Posted By johndel:

Originally Posted By thebomber:

Bomber

My Pleasure.

Wow, so polite...are you from Nicetown?

However, Nicetown doesn't sound so pleasant .....for the perps that is

Another one for the good guys.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:19:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KlubMarcus:

And teach marksmanship
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:19:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Originally Posted By KlubMarcus: Maybe that firefighter should file an application with the local PD?
What? And lose his sweet work schedule?

Good point. Those firefighters are probably at the golf course playing with the Air Force guys, and they're all wearing Hawaiian shirts!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:26:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jrzy: And teach marksmanship
Now that's harsh! I can't wait to get more details. I'm wondering how many shots were fired and what guns were used. I can just see the Brady campaign now. The fireman used evil double-stack pistol mags with more than a dozen armor-piercing rounds. He emptied the whole mag into those "people". Don't go to Nicetown because the firemen might shoot you with bullets instead of water!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:36:36 AM EDT

One wounded intruder was taken to Albert Einstein medical center, where he died.
Gotta love the irony there!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:49:31 AM EDT
Good, 1 perp gone, 2 f-ed up, and unfortunately, 1 got away.

Does PA have the law where the other perps will be charged with murder since their buddy died as a result of illegal activity? I love that law.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:50:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Good, 1 perp gone, 2 f-ed up, and unfortunately, 1 got away.

Does PA have the law where the other perps will be charged with murder since their buddy died as a result of illegal activity? I love that law.

Change that to two heading up the river for murder one, and one more to join them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:24:11 PM EDT
The only bad things about this story are that (1) two wounded perps lived and (2) one more got away.

When I lived in Washington, DC, carjackings were the rage. You would be setting at a redlight and some homey would stick a 9mm in your ear. One day, 4 bros tried to steal a car from the home of an FBI agent. The agent happened to be home at the time. Once he saw what was happening, he reached down to his ankle holster, drew down, and busted a few caps in their respective asses.

At the end of the encounter, you had 4 dead homeys and one proud FBI agent. Darwinism at its finest.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:31:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TomHighway: When I lived in Washington, DC, carjackings were the rage. You would be setting at a redlight and some homey would stick a 9mm in your ear.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:37:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 12:48:56 PM EDT by Noname]

Originally Posted By TomHighway:
The only bad things about this story are that (1) two wounded perps lived and (2) one more got away.

When I lived in Washington, DC, carjackings were the rage. You would be setting at a redlight and some homey would stick a 9mm in your ear. One day, 4 bros tried to steal a car from the home of an FBI agent. The agent happened to be home at the time. Once he saw what was happening, he reached down to his ankle holster, drew down, and busted a few caps in their respective asses.

At the end of the encounter, you had 4 dead homeys and one proud FBI agent. Darwinism at its finest.

Some rocket scientist Homeboys tried to jack a couple of FBI agents on stakeout in SoCal the other day and ended up bleeding.

kcal9.com/california/CA--FBI-Carjacking-kn/resources_news_html

Top Top