Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2008 12:01:31 PM EDT
So my cousin gets broken into the other day while he is at work. POS stole two shotguns and ransacked the jewelery box but didn't take anything else.  Deputy comes out to the house to take statement yada yada, tells us that they picked a guy up 1/4 mile away around 15:00 for another B&E.  We are thinking it's got to be the same POS.  Deputy files the report and says the Investigator will be out tomorrow to check things out.  

Now let me set this up for y'all, poor/medium sized county in South Carolina.  The Deputy we talked with last night says there are only two deputys on duty most nights.  Around 11:00 two Investigators show up, then two more, then another with THE Sheriff.  They proceed to split up and follow trails in different directions from my cousins house.  About two hours and a half a mile later, they find my cousins two shotguns laid next to a lightpole close to the highway.  Cousin calls me on his cell and tells me they found the stash, I am just extatic.  They get back to the house and I meet the Sheriff and tell him how great they are and I can't believe they walked a half mile through some tough woods and found the crook's stash!  

Now I know there are some JBTs out there but Sheriff Fred Knight and the Marlboro County Sheriff's Deputies are some top notch officers!  Above and beyond!  Thanks, Wesley    
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, they probably just thought the thief had a dog with him...

Good on them for following up on it...
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Bravo.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice to hear a "thank you" once in a while, and GREAT job to the Marlboro County Sheriff's Department.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Cops........doing cop stuff....... a petty burglary.....and finding the stash?

NO WAY!!  I don't believe you!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So my cousin gets broken into the other day while he is at work. POS stole two shotguns and ransacked the jewelery box but didn't take anything else.  Deputy comes out to the house to take statement yada yada, tells us that they picked a guy up 1/4 mile away around 15:00 for another B&E.  We are thinking it's got to be the same POS.  Deputy files the report and says the Investigator will be out tomorrow to check things out.  

Now let me set this up for y'all, poor/medium sized county in South Carolina.  The Deputy we talked with last night says there are only two deputys on duty most nights.  Around 11:00 two Investigators show up, then two more, then another with THE Sheriff.  They proceed to split up and follow trails in different directions from my cousins house.  About two hours and a half a mile later, they find my cousins two shotguns laid next to a lightpole close to the highway.  Cousin calls me on his cell and tells me they found the stash, I am just extatic.  They get back to the house and I meet the Sheriff and tell him how great they are and I can't believe they walked a half mile through some tough woods and found the crook's stash!  

Now I know there are some JBTs out there but Sheriff Fred Knight and the Marlboro County Sheriff's Deputies are some top notch officers!  Above and beyond!  Thanks, Wesley    

That's some good tracking there. Good job
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Good story.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Good deal. Good work by that Sheriff and his Deputies.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#11]
The suspect told them where it was.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The suspect told them where it was.

If you were the Sheriff and the perp told you where the stash was, would you go trapesing through a 1/2mi of briars, swampy, timber rattler infested woods or just drive up the highway to the specific light pole and pick up the goods?  

Yeah, I think option #2 would have been in order.  

First thing he said was, "You sure do have a bunch of deer through there."  I said "Yeah well, you ought to see the size of the Timber Rattlers we kill each year crossing the dirt road!" He told me they saw some nice skins but no snakes. Wes  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quite frequently I find that the smaller agencies are the ones that take the greatest pride in their work.

Kudos to Marlboro County SO!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Cops........doing cop stuff....... a petty burglary.....and finding the stash?

NO WAY!!  I don't believe you!  

no kidding

ETA: good job by the po-po's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top