Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 9:10:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
It was great to hear Art was coming back but the raw emotion and pain that was reflected in his voice was heartbreaking.He's a real pro, however, and the interview with M. Kaku was interesting as always.

I did get a kick out of it when some fool from Oregon called the local sheriff's department to do a welfare check on poor Art. The house alarm went off when the deputies knocked on the door. Art was so helpless as Ramona would have been there to take care of things.

He post have one well fortified compound. My thoughts and prayers are with him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That kook is back?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Who killed her... Lyndon Johnson, Castro, CIA, Martians?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Haven't heard art bell in a long time I did hear his son was Raped by a school teacher who was HIV positive........How did his wife die????
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#7]
She was a severe asmatic and apparently had a reaction to somthing and had an attack in her sleep and died.

I'm sorry I missed the broadcast.... they rebroadcast the broadcast from the night before between 10 and 1 here in Orlando so maybe I'll catch it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Did his son become HIV positive from that?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#9]
too bad, I haven't listened to art is quite a while, but he always used to talk about his wife...

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Did his son become HIV positive from that?

I didn't know about the HIV thing, but I knew his young son was molested by an adult in a "trusted" position in the son's life.

Art's had a tough go for some time, now.  After the incident with his son, Art suffered some type of debilitating back problems with severe pain and left the airwaves for a time.  Now, his beloved wife dies suddenly at only 47 years old.

I'm no Art Bell expert, but since I'm a night owl, I occasionally listen to Coast to Coast AM.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#11]
From wikipedia:

"Bell returned in February of 2001, saying he had left to deal with the aftermath of his son's rape. Unbeknownst to listeners, on May 16th, 1997, Art Bell IV was kidnapped and raped by a substitute teacher from his high school. Art Bell IV was 16 at the time and experinced psychological trauma from the incident."

"Art's wife, Ramona died of an acute asthma attack on January 5, 2006 in Laughlin, Nevada, where the couple was taking a short vacation. Ramona Bell was 47 years old."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell

I've never been a big fan, but my Sifu is.  If I ever get to my instruction early, it's usually a topic of discussion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#12]
If I remember Art's history, he originally had a regular talk show, and had liek one day a week where he allowed the paranormal-type calls.  He isn't all the kooky, just open-minded -- not so open-minded his brains fall out though :)  He listens mostly, lets the callers do the talking, and if the caller is obviously a kook, he usually calls them on it, or better yet, pokes a bit of sarcastic fun at them.  C2C is a decent show - there are some real kooks that call, but there are also some pretty interesting stuff on there.  

Some of the stuff ont hat show eventually becomes main-stream.  Look at the Chubacabra thing, it looks more and more like there is actually an unidentified species in Texas that is goign to be ID'd because of it.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I work nites so I usually listen to Coast to Coast. Do I believe it all. Hell no. However it keeps me awake and most of the time it is entertaining. Art is a excellent talk show host and a good interviewer. Strong Second Amendment supporter. George N. is a strong second amendment supporter also. I heard him flat shut down a Democrat operative who was screaming for taking military type weapons from citizens. George flat cut him off and told him AQ didn't have to buy military weapons from gun dealers. George also said it was very important to be VERY careful about controlling firearms because the vast majority of people who own weapons ARE THE VERY PEOPLE WHO NEED TO BE ARMED AND HE WANTS THEM ARMED. I was sad to hear about ART's wife death. He truly loved her.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top