Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 11:51:46 AM EDT
Generally speaking, the motherboards that include onboard VGA... Can the BIOS be configured to run three monitors -- one off the ingetraged VGA and two off a PCIe video card?  I am presently running a pair of displays off an nvidia card on my Asus M4A88T-I Deluxe, and would like to add a third, but the only option would be using the onboard VGA.  I know on many older systems, the detection of an AGP or PCIe card disables the on board VGA.  Any idea if modern MBs act the same way?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Typically Asus mobo's don't allow concurrent graphics display from onboard and GFX cards.

You may call Asus tech and ask though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if you can or not, but if not, you could possibly use a USB video adapter.  The ones I've used aren't great, but it might work for what you need.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, but the USB VGA adapters are $40-50, with only a handful of happy customers on the egg.  For $70-90 I can get an ATI that support three or four monitors out, and it looks like any ATI card will work with the onboard ATI on my ASUS MB and let me enable the onboard (just won't work with an nvidia board, grrrr)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top