Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2004 8:33:46 AM EDT
This monday Sept. 13,2004 the assault weapons ban is going to sunset.The news say's it is most likly going to die.How about this? what does it mean?Is Dubya going to sign it at the last minute?Or is it going to go the way of the dodo?If it "sun set's"are the AR's,AK's,SKS's and gliels going to come back down to responsible prices?Am I going to be able to get HI-CAP.drop free's for my Glock 19 on tuesday?Will a Ruger 10/22 still be a terrist weopon?Will I be able to put pre-ban on my post ban weapons?Have you all been lollowing this?I also wanted to say that I like the forum as well.Good looking place.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Welcome!

Before I answer your questions, let me ask you one:

Does the acronym "AG,NTSA!" mean anything to you?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have to, I have to!!!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]
reporters fishing here again? Someone check his license.

Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Since you're new, I feel I should warn you.
If you have children, be careful.
I have heard, from The Fienstien crowd, that the ICE CREAM MAN will be passing out AK47's from the back of his truck!
Just keep your eyes and ears open!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Give the newbie a break. Does search not work for non paying members?

The AWB is gonna be as dead as fried chicken monday. You will be able to buy Uzis and AK-47s out of the back of stationwagons at soccer games and on school yards. The only thing limiting magazine capacity is your standing height.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I've got a backhoe on hold for rent at John Deer for Monday and Tuesday in the Los Angeles area.

I've heard it said that UZIs and AK47s will be flooding the streets.  I'll do what I can to help clean up the mess.

---------

What will happen is not much.  People will again purchase some of the things they couldn't for a while.  Gun makers and retailers will see a rise in sales and profits for about 6 months.

The only BIG deal differance will be the continuing sale of normal capacity magazines.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This monday Sept. 13,2004 the assault weapons ban is going to sunset.The news say's it is most likly going to die.How about this? Yes, it will die. what does it mean? It means you may enjoy the freedom of being an American again. Is Dubya going to sign it at the last minute?Or is it going to go the way of the dodo?W. will sign it IF the house and senate vote on it. Both have already indicated they will not allow a vote.If it "sun set's"are the AR's,AK's,SKS's and gliels going to come back down to responsible prices?Supply and Demand. Simple economics. If manufacturers provide more than gun owners want to buy, then the price falls.Am I going to be able to get HI-CAP.drop free's for my Glock 19 on tuesday?yes Will a Ruger 10/22 still be a terrist weopon?Will I be able to put pre-ban on my post ban weapons?I thought every gun was a terroist weapon. Feinstein, Shumer, and The Brady bunch said so. Have you all been lollowing this? yep I also wanted to say that I like the forum as well.Thank Goatboy and staff. Good looking place.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#8]
The House has gone home for the weekend.  It will sunset.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#9]
All hell will break loose since now fully automatic uzis, mac10s and tek9s will all be available at the supermarket along with unlimited capacity magazine, killer bullets and silencers for the low low price of $5 each!!! Domestic terrorism will reign supreme as the typically soft on crime Republicans allow these domestic weapons of mass destruction to fall into the hands of citizens whom are eminently untrustworthy. my advice: unless you own your own cop/baby killing machine guns run to Britain now!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#11]

On Monday what's going to happen?  

I will be drinking a beer and attaching my upper reciever to my lower.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Isn't it funny how some will refer to a hi capacity magazine as a WMD but those same people say that we found no WMD in Iraq..

ktm500
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This monday Sept. 13,2004 the assault weapons ban is going to sunset.The news say's it is most likly going to die.How about this?

[martha]It's a good thing.[/martha]

what does it mean?

It means EVERY piece of legislation ought to have a sunset clause.  If a law is good, renewal won't be a problem.  If it sucks, then it'll go away on its own.

Is Dubya going to sign it at the last minute?

There is no "it" for him to sign.  That's why there's so much pressure (from both sides) on Congress.  Congress have to give "it" to the President.

Or is it going to go the way of the dodo?

Yes.

If it "sun set's"are the AR's,AK's,SKS's and gliels going to come back down to responsible prices?

What's a a Gliel?  The rest, probably.  My own guess is that the prices will have a quick but modest reduction, then will decrease further and level out as production increases to meet market demand.

Am I going to be able to get HI-CAP.drop free's for my Glock 19 on tuesday?

Unless Glock ramped up production, it'll be the same "pre-ban" magazines you saw a week ago.  It'll take time for new ones to be manufactured.

Will a Ruger 10/22 still be a terrorist weapon?

A "terrorist weapon" is a device capable of causing injury, wielded, with intent to cause injury, by a terrorist.  This includes bottles, rocks, rusty old copies of Colt revolvers, pointy sticks, etc. etc. etc.

Will I be able to put pre-ban on my post ban weapons?Have you all been following this?

I also wanted to say that I like the forum as well.Good looking place.

Kind of you to say so.  Now go buy a membership, or win one in a contest, or something.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Isn't it funny how some will refer to a hi capacity magazine as a WMD but those same people say that we found no WMD in Iraq..

ktm500

stop making sense, it makes my head hurt!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Is Dubya going to sign it at the last minute?

There is nothing for him to sign, and therefor nothing for him to do.  Even if he demanded something, nothing would appear...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Not much in the Caliban
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Nope. Nobody here knows anything about it.

You heard this on the news you say?

New to me.

SG
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm going diving Monday.
Now Tuesday on the other hand there's a party going on here in AZ!
The event of the season:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=13&t=182698&page=1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Unless Glock ramped up production, it'll be the same "pre-ban" magazines you saw a week ago.  It'll take time for new ones to be manufactured.

Because glock stopped manufacturing them after the american ban.  No police or people in other countries wanted more than 10 rounds per mag.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone else noticed that the number of gloom and doom "There's gonna be a last minute renewal" threads has actually increased since both Bill Frist and Tom DeLay announced on Wednesday that there is no way in hell that the renewal will get another vote?

THE BAN IS DEAD!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Since I live in the PRK and can't celebrate by purchasing a so-called "Assault Weapon" or standard capacity mag, I'll be doing the next best thing.

Monday morning I will be calling the NRA and signing up as a Life Member.  They fought the good fight on this one and I think they will continue to do so.  They have EARNED my support.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#23]
IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Civilization as we know it will cease to exist as a plauge of newly manufactured Uzis, AK-47's, Street Sweepers and "high capacity "clips" flood our inner cities and playgrounds!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Have you all been lollowing this?

Well L O frickin L. hahahaha
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm going diving Monday.
Now Tuesday on the other hand there's a party going on here in AZ!
The event of the season:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=13&t=182698&page=1

Sure its not the event of the decade?  Perhaps the Mellinium????

I'm planning on heading down to WalMart to pick up one of the newly legalized .50 cal belt-fed machine gun.   Anybody know where I can buy about 220,000 rounds of AP ammo for it... I need it fed-ex'ed since I put off my purchase till the last minute.  I REALLY wanna go to the range Tuesday nite!

In all seriousness though... my "Clinton-era" AR kit (the firearm formerly known as pre-ban assault weapon) should ship next week.  Woohoo!!!  (hey, maybe I should name it 'monica'!)  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#27]

On Monday what's going to happen?

I'm going to be running from ANOTHER DAMN HURRICANE! And I am a Hurricane.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#28]
IT'S A TRAP !

I expect to hear the responses on " 60 minutes "
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This monday Sept. 13,2004 the assault weapons ban is going to sunset.The news say's it is most likly going to die.How about this? what does it mean?Is Dubya going to sign it at the last minute?Or is it going to go the way of the dodo?If it "sun set's"are the AR's,AK's,SKS's and gliels going to come back down to responsible prices?Am I going to be able to get HI-CAP.drop free's for my Glock 19 on tuesday?Will a Ruger 10/22 still be a terrist weopon?Will I be able to put pre-ban on my post ban weapons?Have you all been lollowing this?I also wanted to say that I like the forum as well.Good looking place.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I'm planning on heading down to WalMart to pick up one of the newly legalized .50 cal belt-fed machine gun.   Anybody know where I can buy about 220,000 rounds of AP ammo for it... I need it fed-ex'ed since I put off my purchase till the last minute.  I REALLY wanna go to the range Tuesday nite!

the grocery store

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#31]
As far as guns, the only change is that a few things will become cheaper. You will be able to get newly manufactured magazines holding more then 10 rounds for normal prices. There will no longer be a price premium for semi-auto rifles made in the US before 1994. It will be legal to put folding stocks, bayonet lugs, and flash suppressors on any rifle. And the "LE Only" stamped on some mags and guns will no longer have any legal meaning. This may not apply in some states that have more restrictive laws.

The far more important part is that it is a symptom of turning the corner on gun control. We completely prevented them from passing a new AW ban, and we passed and came pretty close to passing some good pro-gun laws. At the Federal level, Gun Control is dead (barring a massive resurgence of the Democratic party).
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#32]
The sun will come up in the east and both of my feet will hit the floor.

Other than that, there will be posts ad infinitm here complaining about the shortage of evil parts.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#33]
How come the "Ice CReam Man" Won't pass by my house
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#34]
the supermarket is making room for the machine guns between the diaper section and kitchen wares
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I am going to party like it's 1999!

Or should I say 1993?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Hell im looking for the ice cream man!!!! No i aint the press i was just out of the loop since the ban went into effect i was in the navy and never got the chance to get the relly cool stuff.Before I went to boot camp i was going to get an SKS for $89.00 when I got back it was $169.00!!! and now I see them in SGN for $300.00!!! I dont want to get all excited and then have Dubya sign the stupid thing.I called a local dealer here in Houston he sed he called the BATF and they wernt saying a thing.I'm just trying to decied if i should plan on a shopping spree in the near feture.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Ijust remember that the 10/22's were on that table of Gangsta weapons.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Ijust remember that the 10/22's were on that table of Gangsta weapons.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#39]
I dont know if im doing somthing wrong cause i dont see my repily yet but thank youy and i am not the press and i am looking for the ice cream man.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Al Micheals will make another funny John Kerry joke.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#42]
   OK CCOLE! WHERE DID YOU GO TO BOOT CAMP?  WHAT UNIT ARE YOU WITH?

SPEAK UP!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#45]
I've always wanted a short-barrel AR because they look bad-ass.  I'm gonna cut it down to 7.5 inches.  Then I'm going to buy a full-auto conversion which will be readily available.  Then I'm going to go for a walk and collect AK-47s and Uzis.

Then I'll go to the local school and indescriminately spray-fire from the hip.  No one will be able to see me because I'll have a flash hider.  I can easily conceal it under my tee-shirt because I'm going to get a collapsable stock.

FYI:
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... i was just out of the loop since the ban went into effect i was in the navy ....

I Don't think you were ever in the Loop
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
This monday Sept. 13,2004 the assault weapons ban is going to sunset.The news say's it is most likly going to die.How about this? what does it mean?Is Dubya going to sign it at the last minute?Or is it going to go the way of the dodo?

It never passed congress, so even if GW really wanted to sign it, he can't. Congress is out of session, so they can't pass any laws 'till after the election...

So, BAN + DEAD... Dodo... Gone...

If it "sun set's"are the AR's,AK's,SKS's and gliels going to come back down to responsible prices?

I assume you mean 'Galil' (Israeli AK-variant) by 'glel'...

The SKS is not even an 'Assault Weapon', as it lacks a detatchable magazine.

The rest of those guns are not affected by the AWB, they are affected by the 1968 Gun Control Act's 'Sporting Purposes' clause, which prohibits importation of any such guns without the replacement of a certain number of foreign parts with US parts. This is what makes them cost what they do. As of now, an AK can be had for around $300 or so...

Am I going to be able to get HI-CAP.drop free's for my Glock 19 on tuesday?

Yes. Hi-caps are available NIB as 'Law Enforcement Only' under the current law. Starting Monday, that will be meaningless, and you can buy brand new police mags if you can find someone to sell them to you...

Will a Ruger 10/22 still be a terrist weopon?

10/22s as produced did not have enough features to be considered Assault Weapons. Now, there will be no such thing as an 'Assault Weapon' under federal law. Just rifles, pistols, shotguns, machineguns and destructive devices.

Will I be able to put pre-ban on my post ban weapons?

Yes

[quote
Have you all been lollowing this?I also wanted to say that I like the forum as well.Good looking place.

Yes, and thank you.

Next time, please post one or two sentances, insert a blank line, and do one ort 2 more, and so on... Easier to read...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#49]
 ON HOLD FOR MONDAY!!

YES!  SWEET IM SO GLAD THE BAN IS GONE!!

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=273303

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't know why ANYBODY would BUY an assault weapon on Monday.  After all, DiFi, Chuckie Boy, Red Faced Ted, Sara Brady, the VPC, and the Million Moronic Mothers , ALL said our streets will be AWASH with Uzi's, AK-47's, and other machineguns first thing Monday morning.  I plan on walking out to the curb in front of my house and picking up a few of the ones I like.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top