Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2017 7:03:52 PM EDT
They are having a f/u on Sandy Hook and it's relation to gun violence. Should be a hit piece
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah not watching that
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't recall ever seeing or hearing about a discussion on guns on national network TV that wasn't a hit piece.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just what families gathered all over want to watch 
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Their ratings must be in the toilet
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Who cares? 60 minutes are irrelevant dinosaurs. They have to invite guests like Cernovich, to get viewers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just what families gathered all over want to watch 
View Quote
No shit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I watched 60 minutes is when the band KISS was on.  They turned away from the camera as to not expose their faces.  Only time a kid in the 80s watched a news program!
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
So far no mention of Biden's failure to do jack shit after Obummer tasked him with fixing the mental health side of it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
They should have been canceled years ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#10]
60 what?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Fake news.  Anything they have to say about guns will be a liberal shit show.  I quit watching 60 minutes a long time ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Tell these ever grieving moms to get over it and move on. There is a time for grieving and a time to live, after this many years to see the anger in the moms pushing gun control is just WTF..get a job. I would love to tell the mom on the segment leading the charge that her actions has put more AR15 into the public's hands than any other action. I will never forget I sold 112 Bushy AR Patrolmans..the day after SH..the next day I sold 84, then the next day the heavy stuff like 450 BM, .50 WE, etc..
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]
dude how many  Anti gun hit jobs have they put out in 30 years
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm watching The Goonies
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, Bob Simon is dead.  Didn't remember that.  He was a staple on 60 Minutes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I bet all 12 viewers will really enjoy it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm watching The Goonies
View Quote
Channel?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#19]
60 Minutes : Feinstein Not Coming For Guns YET

Newtown families on gun control, part one

Senator Feinstein on Gun Control in ''95 - "Turn ''em all in!"
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#20]
To paraphrase the song ".......doesn't matter, have gat..."
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#21]
ahhh, 60 minutes of communism is at it again with more smug "Journalism".

Fuck em, I spent 60 minutes (and more) at the range today.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#23]
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#24]
How long is that show on anyways?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I watched, it wasn't terribly bad. They showed jug ears hugging the parents after the failed vote to ban AR's.

They showed one set of parents forming some sort of training thing to be on the look out for potential mass shooters. I found nothing wrong with this sort of thing. One thing that DID piss me the fuck off was they showed one kid reading some sort of gun rag in school & that apparently was some sort of "clue" he was going to be a mass murderer.  

Now, if *I* were going to do a piece on this sort of thing, *I* would gather some Sandy Hook parents along with some Chicago single moms (as the Dad's are usually no where to be found) & let them compare their stories to each other. While I would never propose to tell some parent how to grieve over their killed child (unlike some of the above posters), I would like to see the Sandy Hook parents' look on their faces when they heard the stories of the Chicago stories, i.e. a long rap sheet of those hood rats whom had gotten killed while participating in illegal activities. This of course would exclude those innocents whom got shot in drive-bys through no fault of their own.

For the record, I have watched 60 Minutes since I was about 11 or 12 years old and I'm 58 now. Yes, it's a libtard propaganda machine but it wasn't always that way. They've done some fine investigative reporting back in the day. Sadly, the Dan Rather shit show has besmirched their rep beyond repair, IMO. Them sucking Clinton & Obama dick has lowered them further as well. Too bad they didn't go after them like they did Nixon & some other politicians, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
View Quote
I LOLd
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#27]
In defense of grieving parents.....

4/29 will mark the 20th anniversary of my 17-year-old son's death.  It destroyed a family.  It severely damaged each person in that family.  None of us have recovered fully.

A grieving parent feels helpless.  Death has come and taken and it can't be forced to give back.  Frequently we find people like me grabbing at straws in hopes of finding a crusade in order to make something....anything....good come out of the tragedy.

The Newtown parents were taken advantage of.  It is pointless to hate them.  They have already been forgotten except for in their neighborhood and those few people who know them.  They will never have peace.  They will die grieving.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#28]
29 people shot in 18 hours in Chitcago this weekend
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tell these ever grieving moms to get over it and move on.
View Quote

If you ever find yourself on the verge of speaking publicly on behalf of gun rights, please do us a favor and have a debilitating stroke.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#30]
MSNBC had a hit piece on guns after the F1 Race today.
Their focus was on one of the school shootings.

I think this shit is being brought forward by the lame stream media.
The first big "push" was in fake life when President 24 got a limited background check bill passed by some turncoat RINO libtard on the TV show "Designated Survivor".
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Tell these ever grieving moms to get over it and move on. There is a time for grieving and a time to live, after this many years to see the anger in the moms pushing gun control is just WTF..get a job. I would love to tell the mom on the segment leading the charge that her actions has put more AR15 into the public's hands than any other action. I will never forget I sold 112 Bushy AR Patrolmans..the day after SH..the next day I sold 84, then the next day the heavy stuff like 450 BM, .50 WE, etc..
View Quote
Dude, no.
Fuck anyone who tries to take my rights away, but you dont tell the parent of a dead child to get over it. Fuck you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I have only seen it a few times in my life. It has always conflicted with Sunday evening church services.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Let me summarize.....If it saves just one life we need to ban all guns.

Well fuck them, look where guns have been banned and what happened to those people, way too many to list here.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Let me summarize.....If it saves just one life we need to ban all guns.

Well fuck them, look where guns have been banned and what happened to those people, way too many to list here.
View Quote
Of course banning guns will only ban guns from the law abiding the rapists,murderers,home invaders,child molesters,armed robbers,gang bangers,drug dealers, won't be giving up their firearms...

So many lives of innocent persons will be lost...guns in the hands of good people save lives...and more importantly save the right lives.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If you ever find yourself on the verge of speaking publicly on behalf of gun rights, please do us a favor and have a debilitating stroke.
View Quote
Ouch

Can't say I disagree about the shutting up part. There are some folks on here with their head in the sand and totally detached from reality.
Yeah, you'll win over hearts and minds by acting like an edgy sociopath berating a grieving parent.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dude, no.
Fuck anyone who tries to take my rights away, but you dont tell the parent of a dead child to get over it. 
View Quote
Seriously. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Typical.....

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:01:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Most of their reputable reporters are dead, whose left ? The hot chick that got molested, the old lady who looks like their other male reporter and the reporter who looks like the old lady.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:17:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like I missed another riveting episode. That's 30 years in a row now
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:10:24 AM EDT
[#40]
I watched it.

And if those parents weren't still grieving I would find it weird.  They'll grieve for the rest of their lives over their children that were murdered.

But has there ever been a "news" story, a 60 Minutes or any other, that instead of blaming GUN focused on Lanza and his mother, that entire family, and the fucked up things that were going on there?

Of course not. That would be placing blame on the people that actually allowed it to come to such a tragic point.

Much easier and profitable to blame GUN.

Examining what lead to the actual act of murdering is taboo.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:21:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
But has there ever been a "news" story, a 60 Minutes or any other, that instead of blaming GUN focused on Lanza and his mother, that entire family, and the fucked up things that were going on there?
View Quote
That would actually be very interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top