Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 7:22:49 AM EDT
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - Despite a series of stunning setbacks that cost the Taliban their grip on the capital and deprived them of huge swaths of territory, Taliban supreme leader Mullah Mohammed Omar remained defiant in a BBC interview broadcast Thursday, saying he'd rather die than ``join an evil government'' with the country's former leader.

The Taliban pullback from urban centers, he said, was part of a larger strategy that aims to destroy America.

``If God's help is with us, this will happen within a short period of time - keep in mind this prediction,'' he said. ``The real matter is the extinction of America, and God willing, it will fall to the ground.''

Mullah Omar also ruled out taking part in a multiethnic government like that the United Nations has proposed for Afghanistan.

``The struggle for a broad-based government has been going on for the last 20 years, but nothing
came of it,'' he said. ``We will not accept a government of wrongdoers. We prefer death than to be a part of an evil government.''

The BBC asked the questions through an intermediary over a satellite phone, who passed them on to the Taliban leader through a hand-held radio. Earlier Thursday, the private Afghan Islamic Press agency reported that Omar was in a safe place and in charge of his troops.

Does this threat need to be taken seriously?
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#1]
If they prefer death, we should do all we can to abide by their wishes.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I pledge to shoot Omar in the stomach at close range with my 870 if I see him.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#3]
These murdurous dogs need to hunted down and be "put down."  I believe the penalty for murder in the Islam world is beheading.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I pledge to shoot Omar in the stomach at close range with my 870 if I see him.
View Quote

NO, don't do that, we need to slowly lower him into a pool of acid, it'd be a lot more painful, and last longer.
[}:D]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I have only one thing to say to this:

Bring it, fuckers!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#6]
[size=4]Pigs! For chrissakes, Don't Forget the Pigs![/size=4]
Must I continually have to remind you of these things, sheesh!

Eric The('FoundDrownedInAPoolOfPigOffal'-How'sThatForAnObituary?!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats some TALL talk from someone who is squatting in a cave hiding.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thats some TALL talk from someone who is squatting in a cave hiding.
View Quote

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Omar the Black Knight:

[img]http://user.icx.net/~roland95/juliet/images/holy%20grail/BLACK%20KNIGHT1.jpg[/img]

"The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you! Come on then."
[:D]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#10]
What are they going to destroy us with, and from where?  This guy must be having seizures again.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I know I'm scared as hell, how 'bout you guys?
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmmmm, Mullah Omar's dreaded Jihad technology hasn't exactly wrought stunning success, now has it?  
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like Bush and Ashcroft beat him to it:

PATRIOT Act
Secret trials and military courts for non-citizens
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like Bush and Ashcroft beat him to it:

PATRIOT Act
Secret trials and military courts for non-citizens
View Quote

Read your history. This has been done before. There was a group of terrorists, on these shores, that were tried and convicted by exactly this type of setup- a 7 man military court turned 2 of the terrorists. They were spared, while the others were electrocuted. Charges were espionage and the equivelent of terrorism. The year was 1942 (June, I think), and the terrorists were Nazis that were going to sabotage numerous public services and create social unrest to hinder our effectiveness in WWII. Their plan was set to unfold over a 2-year period.

When you have a family and responsibilities outside of trying to get laid by your classmates and guzzling beer at frat parties, you will hopefully learn to look at issues from more than one viewpoint. Some college professors even try to teach this method of research and viewing things, though they are getting scarce.

The American people, the average Joe, WILL put a stop to government excesses eventually. We are a Nation slow to anger. They always have and always will. Not everyone is gifted with such keen insight unmarred by reality as you.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Omar the Black Knight:

[img]http://user.icx.net/~roland95/juliet/images/holy%20grail/BLACK%20KNIGHT1.jpg[/img]

"The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you! Come on then."
[:D]
View Quote

Mwaaaa hahaha!

A perfect summary of the situation.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) ... saying he'd rather die than ``join an evil government...
View Quote

[size=3]... That Sir, can certainly be arranged[/size=3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top