Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 8:13:05 PM EDT
Reminds me of rollerderby a bit.  But one of my favorite winter Olympic sports.  

Double mens luge, no good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed, one of the more competitive sports (and therefore more fun to watch). Too bad that Apollo 11 guy took a dive...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
It's interesting to be certain.  Those skates are SHARP.

I was watching men's Downhill yesterday.  I'm a skier, and a pretty good one, but that course would have killed me.  It was hard, icy and FAST.  Those skiers were getting the crap pounded out of them as they went.  The cleanest run on the hill was one of the slower ones.  The guy Ralves (USA) looked perfect the whole way down, but was almost 2 seconds behind the winner (who also looked very good, but not as good.  The Silver medalist looked totally out of control, but managed to hold it together to get to the bottom.   That was an exciting race.

Some sports are only really exciting to people who participate in them and can see and understand some of the subtleties.  Golf is one such, so are the shooting sports.Fencing, and the like.
Ski jumping is boring...a bunch of anorexics flying through the air (130 pound men at 5'10" tall is not good).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top