Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2001 1:15:13 PM EDT
I have an Olympic Arms lower that was made between June and July of 1994. That makes it a preban date. I called Oly Arms and they verified it. Oly Arms states that they had a large fire a while back and do not have any records of when guns shipped or how they went out. Lowers or rifles or kits. All they can say is that it was made in this time frame. I'm sure there are a lot of other Oly Arms owners out there who have had the same question. Can the lower I have be built up into a Preban configuration rifle or carbine?
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on where you land on the question of who has to show proof, you or the ATF. Many people here rely on the "innocent until proven guilty" theory. It would be difficult to prove it wasn't built as a complete rifle or kit. On the other side are the members here who make a very good argument that all they would have to prove is that it is an AW in pre-ban configuration and then you would have to show proof of it complying with the law. Then there is the discussion of who cares and the possibility of you being charged with this crime. So my answer is firmly on the fence and you'll have to decide for yourself. You might try a search of this forum and pre-ban to see the endless discussion.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
And now possibly Troy, another Moderator here, will give "the proof is upon you" theory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top