Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 9:59:05 AM EDT
My father received what I believe is a WWII bolt action rifle.  It says "USPROPERTY" on it, as well as "No. 4 Mk I*".  It has a magazine, that appears to hold appx 5 rounds.  Ghost ring rear aperature, front sight blade.  Has a leather sling on it as well.  Anyone know what his might be, what caliber, and appx value?  It's not in great condition, but appears to function.  

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#1]
enfield number 4 mark 1 in .303 british  cool gun

probably about $100-$150 depending
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
If it says US Property, it is most likely a Savage Enfield, which usually go for a little more.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
No.4 Mk 1* Lee Enfields were made by Savage. They were marked with US. Property and then given to the British under the Lend Lease Program.

During WWI the BEST No.4 Mk1 Enfields were made by Savage and Longbranch Arsenal in Canada.

The Magazine will hold 10 rounds.

The No.4 Mk1* were a design modification on the Bolt and receiver to simplify production.
You will notice a slight cut out on the slide rail of the receiver, This is where you flip up the forward part of the Bolt so you can remove the Bolt from the receiver.

Although there are some people who would argue otherwise, the best Enfields were the No.4 MkII made after WWII by Fazakerly.

Myself...I prefer a No.1 Mk V Trials Enfield (not to be confused with the Jungle Carbine - a No.5 Mk1). These were No.1 Mk III Rifles which had a flip up peep sight on the receiver with Ghost Ring.

Very Smooth Action.

Article on No.1 MkV Moms Gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top