Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:26:58 PM EDT
On the Fox2 news (St. Louis) they just aired a story about a lady in her 80s who heard someone trying to break in and shot through the door. She didn't hear anything else so she went back to bed.
 The next day her daughter stopped by and found the bad guy dead on the porch.
 They interviewed the daughter, who stated that she gave her mom the handgun after someone broke in and beat her once before.

Hurray for gramma!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Great work Mom and Daughter.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On the Fox2 news (St. Louis) they just aired a story about a lady in her 80s who heard someone trying to break in and shot through the door. She didn't hear anything else so she went back to bed.
 The next day her daughter stopped by and found the bad guy dead on the porch.
 They interviewed the daughter, who stated that she gave her mom the handgun after someone broke in and beat her once before.

Hurray for gramma!

[mr burns]ehhggcellent[/mr burns]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
She didn't hear anything else so she went back to bed.
 !

now thats just freaking awsome!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Grandma did good!

These idiots that prey on old people shouldn't ever breathe again.

HH
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Good job Granny!

IBTPWSNTSTD

InBeforeThePeopleWhoSayNotToShootThroughDoors

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
They should have been playing "Another one bites the dust" in the background of that news segment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bersa .380 and a .410 that I have been trying to get my 80 yo grandma to come out and shoot at our little range. She is actually warming up to the idea and doesn't like staying home alone (the only reason she still does now is because she has an alarm system but she is still "scared"). I stay with her a few nights a week sometimes but she told me the other day that she wants to learn to shoot a gun so we are going this weekend I think at the very least it will give her some confidence if she knows how to use it and feels like she has an advantage.

I'll just have to remember to call first if I know she is armed
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link and story;

www.fox2ktvi.com/

ELDERLY WOMAN SHOOTS AND KILLS INTRUDER

For the second time in two months, an intruder breaks into the home of an elderly East St. Louis woman. The first time, she was beaten and robbed. This time, however, the woman was ready. 87-year-old Jacksie King fired three times and shot the intruder dead. The woman worked for a living up until she retired as a doctor's office receptionist just four years ago. She was a crime victim in December and her daughter got her a gun to protect herself. Around 2:00am, she fired three rounds from the revolver, walked into the kitchen and waited for her daughter to get there. Her daughter Pamela said, "When I got here she was in the kitchen and the gun was on the kitchen table, and I asked her way the gun was there, and she said, 'We had guests'." The break-in was similar to the one in December. The intruder cut the phone line, removed bars from a side porch window and tried to crash through the front door of the modest home in the 2100 block of Gaty. 49-year-old Larry Tillman was killed in the incident. He had a long criminal history of residential burglaries and lived just six blocks from Jacksie's home. Jacksie's daughter is protecting her from the glare of the spotlight, but she's obviously proud of the way her mother conducted herself. "People work all their lives for what little they have, and it's not fair for anyone to try to take that away from them." The Illinois state police investigated the shooting. They say they will not seek any charges against the gun-toting grandmother. During the last break-in, she ended up in Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Records show Tillman also had numerous armed robbery and drug charges.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]

I asked her why the gun was there, and she said, 'We had guests'."

Good stuff
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#10]
lucky shot for granny, bad luck for perp
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice shooing ma'am
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Most Excellent. By sheer coincidence, on another board we're arguing firearms, and one of the lads argued that a 90-year-old probably wouldn't be able to handle a firearm. He made that post earlier today :-)

NTM
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:  The break-in was similar to the one in December. The intruder cut the phone line, removed bars from a side porch window and tried to crash through the front door of the modest home in the 2100 block of Gaty. 49-year-old Larry Tillman was killed in the incident. He had a long criminal history of residential burglaries and lived just six blocks from Jacksie's home. ... Records show Tillman also had numerous armed robbery and drug charges.
Hmmm, who doesn't think that he was the one who robbed and beat up the grandma before?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]
"Col. Colt made all men (and 87 year old ladies) equal."

Good shootin Granny!    
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Bump for daytimers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#16]
You guys in St. Louis should give that old lady a couple of boxes of ammo! She's holding up her end of Homeland Security.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
"Col. Colt made all men (and 87 year old ladies) equal."

Good shootin Granny!    

Quick, someone tell markm how old she was.  He's going to explode.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Link and story;

www.fox2ktvi.com/

ELDERLY WOMAN SHOOTS AND KILLS INTRUDER

For the second time in two months, an intruder breaks into the home of an elderly East St. Louis woman. The first time, she was beaten and robbed. This time, however, the woman was ready. 87-year-old Jacksie King fired three times and shot the intruder dead. The woman worked for a living up until she retired as a doctor's office receptionist just four years ago. She was a crime victim in December and her daughter got her a gun to protect herself. Around 2:00am, she fired three rounds from the revolver, walked into the kitchen and waited for her daughter to get there. Her daughter Pamela said, "When I got here she was in the kitchen and the gun was on the kitchen table, and I asked her way the gun was there, and she said, 'We had guests'." The break-in was similar to the one in December. The intruder cut the phone line, removed bars from a side porch window and tried to crash through the front door of the modest home in the 2100 block of Gaty. 49-year-old Larry Tillman was killed in the incident. He had a long criminal history of residential burglaries and lived just six blocks from Jacksie's home. Jacksie's daughter is protecting her from the glare of the spotlight, but she's obviously proud of the way her mother conducted herself. "People work all their lives for what little they have, and it's not fair for anyone to try to take that away from them." The Illinois state police investigated the shooting. They say they will not seek any charges against the gun-toting grandmother. During the last break-in, she ended up in Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Records show Tillman also had numerous armed robbery and drug charges.

Wonderful!  Way to go Granny!  

A little bleach in the gene pool!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You guys in St. Louis should give that old lady a couple of boxes of ammo! She's holding up her end of Homeland Security.

That's not a bad idea. I could send her a Wal-Mart gift card with a note saying that she did a good job, and I didn't want her to run out of ammo.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#20]
87-year-old woman kills second intruder

Feb. 8, 2006 at 8:21PM

An 87-year-old Illinois woman, a recent victim of a burglary and beating, stopped a second intruder Tuesday with bullets from the woman's new gun.
     East St. Louis resident Jackie Mae King woke up to someone removing the storm door to her house.
     She couldn't call the police because the phone line had been cut, just like in the December robbery when she was beat up.
     The security bars to her door were removed too.
     So King took the gun her daughter gave her after the first break-in and fired at the door, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
     She was too scared to go outside for help and so she sat in her room until her daughter came in the morning with breakfast.
     Police say 49-year-old Larry D. Tillman died from the several bullets that hit him. One went through his lung.
     King is now staying with family.
     It isn't known whether King had a permit for the gun but it is unlikely charges will be fired said Illinois State Police Master Sgt. Jim Morrisey.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top