Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 1:24:41 PM EST
I decided to dig this old racing wheel out and install it on my newer 64 bit Windows 7 desktop. I missed playing this old game called Interstate '76 Nitro pack. Not really a racing game, but a mission based driving game where there were guns mounted to my car. Pretty fun game really. Well, long story short, it will not work with my current operating system. And I cannot find any drivers online. I know that this is an old wheel and game and I'm probably out of luck.

What are the current best options for driving / racing / shooting wheels and games for pc's ? Not racing only.

Or does anyone have this wheel and know of a source for a Windows 7 64 bit driver ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:58:29 PM EST
Good old games . Com

Has interstate 76 ready to run on newer machines.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:36:15 PM EST
Looks to be a couple potentiometer axis and a few buttons. The shifter I'm guessing is either a banded potentiometer or several gate switches in sequence, if it's not a sequential shift up / shift down rocker.

It's probably very simple electronically on the inside. There are a variety of options to completely replace the circuit boards inside, if you want to get it up and running as a modern USB accessory. If you're handy with a soldering iron and a multimeter, you can probably have it done in a day or less.
Top Top