Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2002 6:49:00 PM EDT
A good friend E-Mailed this to me. I thought it worth passing along.

"Geezers" (slang for an old man) are easy to spot:

At sporting events, during the playing of the National Anthem, Old Geezers hold their caps over their hearts and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them. Old Geezers remember World War I, the Depression, World War II, Pearl Harbor,
Guadalcanal, Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age, and the Moon Landing, not to mention Vietnam.
If you bump into an Old Geezer on the sidewalk, he will apologize. If you pass an Old Geezer on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Geezers trust strangers and are courtly to women. Old Geezers hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
Old Geezers get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like filth on TV or in movies. Old Geezers have
moral courage. They seldom brag unless it's about their grandchildren.
It's the Old Geezers who know our great country is protected, not by politicians or police, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.
This country needs Old Geezers with their decent values. We need them now more than ever. Thank God for Old Geezers!
Pass this on to all the Old Geezers you know.

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree 100%.

I just wish that they wouldn't drive around too much.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I agree 100%.

View Quote

You will eventually change your thinking (if a tree don't fall on ya'). [:D]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Bermshot     Well put and from an Old Geezer,Thanks to all you Whipper-snappers.

Bob Cole          [moon]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:45:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm just a young punk, but my favorite part of each day is hanging out with the O.G.'s at the range and trying to absorb a bit of their wisdom.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:15:37 AM EDT
[#5]
All right then. I'm an "old geezer".

I'm still the only parent at my son's school who blasts Tool or N.I.N. when I drop or pick him up though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup, glad there are still some around.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I never took kindly to being refered to as an Old Geezer unitil I read that piece.  
Now, I sort of look on it as an honorable title.
Of course there's a downside, too. While I rember all but the first two item of the list (WW1 & the Depression), I sometimes forget what I had for breakfast.
Blaze-of-Glory -- It's been my experience that no one who refers to himself as a "young punk" is one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I agree 100%.  I just wish that they wouldn't drive around too much.
View Quote

I don't mind them driving;  it's when they take their cars out for a walk that it gets annoying.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:52:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I agree 100%.

View Quote

My Dad is an Old Geezer. [b]He[/b] just decided he shouldn't be driving any longer. BTW, he got the Bronze Star at Normandy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree 100%.  I just wish that they wouldn't drive around too much.
View Quote

I don't mind them driving;  it's when they take their cars out for a walk that it gets annoying.
View Quote

Now that's FUNNY! Especially since I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida.
[:D]

Well, I guess I'm a New (Neo) Geezer. Born in '47 and gratefully missed WWII, although experienced the aftermaths. Competed in the Southeast War Games. BTW, runnersup!

It's sad to see so many of the ol' common courtesies fading. OTOH, it's SOOOO refreshing to hear 'Yes Sir', 'No Ma'am' and 'Thank you' from the younger folk.

Umm, maybe I AM an Old Geezer.....

Passing this one on..... [beer]

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All right then. I'm an "old geezer".

I'm still the only parent at my son's school who blasts Tool or N.I.N. when I drop or pick him up though.
View Quote

Count me in that one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I think I would feel honored to be called an OLD GEEZER now! That is when I get to be one of course! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#14]
man then what am i a old geezer in training?

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#15]
being an old geezer is a frame of mind, my dad died last year as a result of a fall & breaking his hip.., he was 95 !! when he was 94 he rebuilt a wrecked 95 Ford Ranger.....

i will not consider myself an "Ol Geezer" till i pass my Dad in age !!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
when he was 94 he rebuilt a wrecked 95 Ford Ranger.....
View Quote

Awesome
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[size=4]".....you talking to me?" [/size=4][:D]
View Quote

Geezer wit a gat.

Sorry Ed, I just couldnt resist![:D]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#18]
One of my favorite Geezer stories:
Back in the mid 80's, when New York City crime was at it's very worst, two punks yanked open the rear doors of a taxi, and jumped in to rob the passinger.  Jack Dempsey, the passinger, punched BOTH hoods lights out. When the police arrived, the punks were still down for the count.  Dempsey was in his 80's, but still had that World Heavyweight Champion form.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, this old geezer drove an underpowered car with a great suspension over the 9th worst road in the world, two years ago )Espinoso del Diablo – Devil's Backbone – in Jurango Mex.). I overtook about 200 cars and nobody passed me.

Any young stud can press the gas pedal in a fast car, but, it takes an old geezer with experience to DRIVE a slower, but quicker car and beat him!

If you do not know what I mean, I'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top