Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2002 8:15:00 PM EDT
I just read on the HCI website that Oklahoma is unsafe for children due to the easy accesibility of firearms, apparently we got a D on our HCI report card. Does anyone know how Oklahomas crime rate compares with states that have more restrictive gun laws?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
   Well I for one am disappointed in my home state. How the hell did we fail to get an F from those commies? We must remedy the situation....
   I'm all for easy access. When I was a kid we had a gun behind bout half the doors in the house.Gee, how I didn't end up shooting up a school or something I'll never know.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, that explains all our school shootings[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just read on the HCI website that Oklahoma is unsafe for children due to the easy accesibility of firearms, apparently we got a D on our HCI report card. Does anyone know how Oklahomas crime rate compares with states that have more restrictive gun laws?
View Quote

The USDOJ/FBI website should have some Uniform Crime Report statistics, which may include a state-by-state comparison of crime rates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top