Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2001 3:58:56 PM EDT
This is our concealled carry law. It says that you can't carry intil you are 23 years of age.
I'm going on 22. I've taken my class and waiting til I turn 23. Texas law requires that you be 21. Oklahoma honors texas permits. So if Ilived in Texas I could legally carry in OK at 21. I heard there is a way around this law by getting a private investagators permit? My buddy said it was simple, but limits you to carring on the jub, which he says you can say you are working since you set your own hours. I carry anyway, but just want to be legal,,,,any thoughts???
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You lucked out.  

I just talked to my father who is an Oklahoma LEO and former concealed carry instructor and he says "yes, you can!"

Oklahoma and Texas have a reciprocal agreement and if you are legal in Texas, even though you're 21, you're still legal in Okla.

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
but I'm an OK resident,,do you have to prove you are a texas resident to get their carry permit,,and could you use it with a OK driving permit?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem with this is you have to have a Texas drivers license to get a permit in Texas and you can't have a drivers license in both states. They have been cracking down on this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, call your local sheriff.  Most LEO's around here are pro-gun and they are willing to help you.  

Did you inform the State of Texas that you were moving? And did they inform you as to whether or not your permit is still active? You're required to do that here.  My point is, if it's still a good permit, then it's a good permit.  Know what'I mean?

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, I see what you're saying now.  

My bad.

If you still had your Texas DL then you'd be Okay.  But since you got an OK DL, I don't know?  I would call the local sheriff's office if I were you and find out!  

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I work at the courthouse I wonder if they could pull some strings? Any thoughts on the PI route?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
good luck getting it by the time your 24, I sent in my paperwork 3 months ago still nothing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]
what about time on a class 3 tax stamp? Does that take months also? I was wanting to make my .223 a little quiter,,these cats are getting way overpopulated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top