Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 4:59:40 PM EDT

Wildfires whipped by desert low humidity, no rain and 50-60mph winds.....Land/houses burning all day long..Fortunately the closest to me is moving away but it'll be worse in the next few days...how are you guys doing?  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
yup, I drove through oklahoma from Kansas and got caught in some fires, smelled horrible.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, 50mph winds today.  
Sky was brown, typical.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Not here..........it's a long ways from any of that stuff thank god.....

However my brother lives in Whitesboro and they said they could see the flames out where they live.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Smells great outside.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Burning about 4 miles north of here. . .and we have several acres 3 miles north of here. . .but everything is going north at something like 40mph.  Several houses burned already this afternoon.

Fire was *set* in Seminole this afternoon.  Somebody got the plate numbers so they are trying to find the guy. . .
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#6]
There is/was a pretty large fire going right across the highway from my work in west Fort Worth when I drove by earlier. Hopefully the houses up the hill from it are ok, they had quite a few units on the scene but the area was too big to be contained with what they had.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Tonight I heard on the news that there were 15 fires out of control...Most of the day its been land burning but lately I'm seeing more video of houses going up...News is saying that several neighborhoods are now in the path
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#8]
This really sucks. We need alot of rain in a bad way. Last week there was a fire across the highway from us and the FD was asking people to water down houses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top