Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 3:31:56 PM EDT
Looks like my employer is getting tasked to bring up the communications infrastructure in the affected regions.  Still waiting for the ultimate green light to pull chocks and roll but I am a bit concerned.  We will be driving brand new trucks, carrying a very expensive communications terminal and have an RV to live out of.  My concern is that, despite the reassurances that the locations will be secure, the light of the RV and noise of the generator will attract unwanted attention.  Since we will be 100% self-sufficient, we will have barrels of diesel, lots of food, and water as well as power, A/C, and communications.  Any tips on trying to stay safe down there?  Or am I just being paranoid?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump

A plus is that I get to surf Arfcom over a satellite.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you will be OK. Keep eyes open and don't upset any of the locals, though I believe they will be glad to see you. We were excited to see ANY kind of service truck here (about two weeks w/o power) after last years hurricanes,
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Take an AR, a pistol, and lots of loaded mags for both, regardless of whether your company says you can or not.

Just be subtle about it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually the company hasn't said a word about weapons at all either way.  I really don't think they wanna go on record as saying a damn thing about it.  I have my Mossberg 590A1 with bandoleer of #4 Buck and a bayonet along with my Glock 23.  My partner has a 1911.  All the news I get from the area sounds like it is mob rule and I don't wanna take chances.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top