Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 6:56:18 PM EDT
One level house is built on a slab, and I do not have any closets big enough to hide it . It'll have to sit out in the open.

How would one go about having it secured to the floor?

SG
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Mason drill bits, lead anchors, lag bolts and epoxy. It won't move.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Concrete lag bolts or "redheads".  Both available at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Just make sure it's REALLY where you plan to leave it before you drill!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Something I can do myself, or should I hire someone?

SG
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
redheads as mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#5]
very easy..one 1/2" masonary bit and a drill with a "hammer drill" option. hammer drill is around 275-300 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Rent a Hammer Drill for $50, buy a bit for $12 at the place they rent them (you will go through 1 bit in about 8 holes), drill, secure, return drill, throw away bit.

Okay, last question: If I ever sell the house, can the bolts be removed once the safe is unbolted?

Thanks,

SG
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rent a Hammer Drill for $50, buy a bit for $12 at the place they rent them (you will go through 1 bit in about 8 holes), drill, secure, return drill, throw away bit.

Okay, last question: If I ever sell the house, can the bolts be removed once the safe is unbolted?

Thanks,

SG

Well sort of.  

You can grind or cut the bolts flush to the floor.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

SG

Yep. Just unscrew them.

You don't need a hammer drill. Any drill will work, it will just take longer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

SG

Yep. Just unscrew them.

Only if you use lag bolts with anchors.  Redheads are there to stay, unless you cut them off at floor level.

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#11]
i used 4'' or 5'' lag bolt with quik steel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top