Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/11/2005 3:08:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 3:09:34 PM EDT by Cypher214]
This is my story about a UFO.  I'm not saying it was aliens or anything but it was in the sky, moving, and I have no idea what it was.

I was driving at night with my girlfriend and we both saw it.  It was an "orb" of light probably about twice the size of a basketball.  It appeared suddenly.  It was a strange shade of neon green that I have never seen before.  It was radiating the light that it was putting off, the light was not a reflection from something else.

The object appeared approximately 100ft. off the ground, moved downward about 40 feet very quickly in an arched motion and either disappeared or went behind some trees.  This was not a natural falling motion since the object was not moving at a rate that I would consider to be natural.  Also, the arched motion was not a natural falling motion.  Any object that is falling falls straight down, unless some outside force has an effect on the object or the shape of the object creates some sort of resistance.  

The reason I remember so much detail is because I have somewhat of a photographic memory and I replayed the scene in my head SEVERAL times trying to identify the object.

My first guess was that it was a flare... this was ruled out because it appeared so suddeny and moved too quickly.  That and the arched downward motion.  Also, it was too big to be a flare.

My girlfriend and I discussed it for awhile and came to the conclusion that there is nothing that either of us have ever seen or heard of that could have produced that effect.  Therefore, I concluded that we had seen a genuine UFO.

Any ideas what it might have been?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:10:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 3:11:45 PM EDT by olyarms]
I once saw two shooting stars hit each toher, it was freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 3:11:12 PM EDT by fight4yourrights]
Ball Lighting

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:10:18 PM EDT
Swamp gas, weather baloon, civilian or militaary conventional aircraft, or, maybe, the WHISKEY!

That's what the authorities always conclude, right?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:13:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
Ball Lighting

www.unmuseum.org/ballite.jpg

www.endeav.org/evolut/bl/bl.jpg

Is ball lightning neon green sometimes?

Does it appear even when the sky is crystal clear?

Definitely not discounting it, just trying to see if the descriptions match up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:15:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 3:20:10 PM EDT by olyarms]

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:17:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:17:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 3:18:39 PM EDT by shaggy]
You saw a UFO?  

Maybe it was invaders from uranus.

(o­h c'mon, did you really think you'd get through a whole page without a uranus joke in here?)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:20:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:21:46 PM EDT
Look at this point of light(****FLASH****) You saw a weather anomoly, nothing else
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:22:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:35:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:49:35 PM EDT
sigh: OK UFO confessions

I remember as a kid myself and a buddy of mine were riding bikes and jumping them off the step of the clubhouse for the subdivision.

we took a break and sat on a picnic table next to the main door.

whatever it was that flew over was big, slow moving and not quite football field sized would be a good guess. low enough the shape was less stuck in my mind than the smoothness of the bottom except for 4 ridges that ran parallel to each other pretty close together in the middle along the flat. with WTF is that running through my mind. Don't remember going home, don't think I ever told anyone about it less my second wife.

anyway, To be honest I can not tell if it was a vivid dream that has stayed with me all my life or if it really happened.

the buddy moved about 6 months later and I could never bring myself to ask him.stupid stupid stupid

anyway, I think (20+ yrs later I still see it clearly) I saw one. real or vivid dream I couldn't tell you. But I believe I saw something.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:56:00 PM EDT
Top Top