Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2011 12:50:20 PM EDT
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/03/oil-company-subsidies-clarified/

To be clear, the federal government does engage in the handing out of a lot of actual subsidies, including those for ethanol and a variety of wasteful programs which are essentially failures on their own merit without feeding off the teat of Uncle Sam. And we should certainly be looking at those areas as way to address cost cutting. But trying to depict tax credits used by the energy industry – in the same fashion as every other industry – as some sort of special love festival for Big Oil is dishonest.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait wait wait... what?

That can't be!!

Look, he just told me so the other day!

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Nobody finds this interesting huh?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If they are the same as other industries then it is a giant red herring by the left.

Don't they get something extra? If not the media has done a good job pulling the wool over people's eyes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If they are the same as other industries then it is a giant red herring by the left.

Don't they get something extra? If not the media has done a good job pulling the wool over people's eyes.

The article claims they don't.

I'm waiting to see if it's disputed.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The article claims they don't.

I'm waiting to see if it's disputed.

I'd be suprised if it wasn't disputed, but I suspect it is also true. Particularly when the full picture is considered, including the fact that big government makes more off of each gallon sold at the pump then big oil.

The left loves the argument, because it build symmetry with the argument that solar/wind/ethonal require government funding. And also they like yelling "welfare queen", since they are usually on the wrong side of that one . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top