Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2001 11:29:12 AM EDT
After seeing all the people on here from Ohio, I was wondering where everyone is from and where everyone shoots. I live in the Dayton area and I am a member at the Middletown Sportsman Club, so I do most of my shooting there. Once in a while we head to SpringValley Shooting Area over by Ceasers Creek in Waynesville they have a 25yd, 50yd, and 100yd range, and its run by the state. Maybe if enough people are interested we could get a small shoot going somewhere. [sniper]

Dave
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Super,
Mostly shoot on private land.  Ocassionally the New Albany Indoor Range.  (not real cool for AR's because it is indoor and only 25 yards)  I would be up to go to a shoot if we could put one together.  I'm in the Columbus area.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
My back yard mostly.i do go to events like Campybob's bulletfest and afew other ohio gatherings.mmk
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
north east oh
I have been shooting at the solon sports club
dcm range 200,300 and 600yrd as a guest.
Cant wait to become a member to have access all the facility. [sniper]

notabadshot
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#5]
TimeToFeedTheHogs, I have heard thats a real nice place you guys have up there in Lima. You guys do highpower competitions up there to dont you?

Dave
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#6]
If some people want to throw out some dates and some places maybe we can make a little get together happen.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I shoot plates at Tusco Rifle Club in New Philly.
Also belong to Brokenlock by Wooster.  IDPA at Youngstown Rifle and Pistol club, and an indoor range in Akron.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Delaware County here........i shoot at the Marion county fish and game association....and i would be up for a shoot.....just got some more ammo today [:D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Delaware County here........i shoot at the Marion county fish and game association....and i would be up for a shoot.....just got some more ammo today [:D]
View Quote

You should have,you had plenty of time, since you didn't go to work.  LOL
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]
damn I think that was a shot! LOL
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Im from NE Ohio 38 miles east of Akron. I shoot mostly on a state range but also on private land.

Plateshooter.

Where is the indor range in akron I go to college and work in Akron It might be nice to be able to shoot there sometimes.

Also if anyone knows of a good long range range in my area I would like to know about it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Any shooters here from Belmont, Harrison, Noble, or Guerney counties???
I live in Harrison county and I sometimes shoot at the public range at Harrison state forest. the rest of the time is on my friends farm in Belmont county.
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Live in Troy, used to go to Spring Valley when I lived in Kettering, real convenient. Shoot Miamisburg IPSC on Mondays, Sept-May, and visited Lima a few times for IPSC. Usually go to brother in-laws farms he plants in Covington area and remove groundhogs. Don't get out much anymore, with 2 yr old son and married.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:30:29 AM EDT
[#16]
TimeToFeedTheHogs, I will try to make it up there for the next one. That sounds like a blast.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:55:59 AM EDT
[#17]
TTFTH,

How far is that Sabres range from Van Wert?  I need a place to shoot when I'm visiting my in-laws.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I live in New Phila. I go out to Tusco, it's about 10 mintues from my house
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
north east oh
I have been shooting at the solon sports club
dcm range 200,300 and 600yrd as a guest.
Cant wait to become a member to have access all the facility. [sniper]

notabadshot
View Quote

hey,dude! i'm a member of s.s.a.! cool club! lotsa class-3 guys... and me! introduce yourself.[beer]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Im from NE Ohio 38 miles east of Akron. I shoot mostly on a state range but also on private land.

Plateshooter.

Where is the indor range in akron I go to college and work in Akron It might be nice to be able to shoot there sometimes.

Also if anyone knows of a good long range range in my area I would like to know about it.
View Quote

cuyohoga falls- riverside range. on front street.
also russo's in talmadge- just off the square
check 'em both out. neighbor!(well i used to live in stow)
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Spring Valley for outdoor.. Target World in Cincy for the indoor pistol.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I usually shoot on farms that belong to friends. I went to Tusco(near Urichsville in Tuscarawas county) for the first time last month. I intend to go as often as I can. I'm in Stark county so its not a bad drive, it's just hard to find the time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]
pbrstreatgang.
hey,dude! i'm a member of s.s.a.! cool club! lotsa class-3 guys... and me! introduce yourself.
I think the range you boys have is great.
As soon as I get the denaro from my wife
"tax relief" she promised. I will get in.
I am a member in the Amboy Club and have been
going to the dcm open shoots. My be we will cross paths 7/28/01 next amboy sponcerd shoot.
Regards:notabadshot
ps I realy am a bad shot[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#27]
i have a little ranch land outside of minerva (n.e. ohio). mainly, i shoot off my deck and porch or go walk the open hillsides in search of commie groundhogs.

i'm gonna join tusco (if they allow renegades like platedhooter in, they'll welcome me with open arms! lol!)

i have been known to host a little event called "bulletfest", out at the mapleton gun club (east canton, ohio)!!!

all, you ohio guys that missed this year's event, i hope to see you out for our next get together!

there is a 600 yd. elevator target equipped range within 5 miles of my house...but they don't associate with low-rent types like me...heheheh! strictly ranked high power longball plinkers from the sounds of things (i'm gonna have to borrow one of those fancy shootin' jackets and sneek in there for some recon. i sounds very nice!).
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#28]
pbrstreatgang
hey,dude! i'm a member of s.s.a.! cool club! lotsa class-3 guys... and me! introduce yourself.

You boys got a neat place at s.s.a.
I am with the Amboy club and just started shooting in the open dcm shoots.
As soon as my wife lets me have some of the tax
relive money I am in.
Maybe our paths will cross 7/28/01 amboy shoot.
my see you then.
Regards: notabadshot [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#29]
We all should just move to Campy's, must be nice to be able to shoot of your back deck. I wont miss the next bulletfest thats for sure.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Chuck:
Brokenlock is in Smithville, 25,50, and 100yd ranges. Known in the area for a great walk through sporting clays set up the 2nd Saturday each month. They have a few cement benches (like Kelbleys) and are currently building a new structure on the firing line.  Not a public range, but allow members to bring guests.  Sporting clays is open to the public.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#31]

i'm gonna join tusco (if they allow renegades like platedhooter in, they'll welcome me with open arms! lol!)

Hey Campy, you don't have to be a member to come out and bang some plates, August 12th is the next event.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#32]
chuck- solon sportsman's assoc. ground's are in dorset- ashtabula co. near pymatuning resevoir, and the pennsylvania border. the meetings are held every second wednsday of the month in the basement of the solon historical society in d/t solon. i met my contacts through o.g.c.a. another great place to meet gunfolks.

notabadshot- i work saturdays.[:(] i'm out there every sunday i can- usually shooting something full-auto with my friends. i've got red hair and a look in my eye like charlie manson(usually brought on by a long week of dealing with the public)- you can't miss me. walk on up and say 'hi'. just don't startle me! ha!ha![;D]

don't worry about accuracy- i always say: 'well, if i didn't hit 'em, i sure scared 'em to death!'[:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#33]
TTFTH,

Thanks for the offer, but I only visit that area two or three times a year.  I don't think a membership would be worthwhile for me.  

Are there any good ranges near Mansfield?
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Campybob,
Minerva?? My grandma lives in Pekin, I've got other reltives that live in Minerva as well,My mom graduated from Minerva H.S.(class of '47) Small world, is'nt it??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top