Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 11:52:26 AM EDT
Over the weekend at the hotel I was staying at I got to catch some CNN for once (way to ruin my day).  They were in this small MS town called D'Iberville, where homes were just completely destroyed, probably no hope of repair.  

So... why again did Kanye West run his mouth on that telethon about how GWB doesn't care about black people?  From what I gather, NO is the ONLY town that even fucking matters in this disaster.  FEMA was so quick to pass out $2k debit cards and the NG was just so dead-set on grabbing people's guns and forcing them out of their homes.  The D'Iberville mayor says that FEMA hasn't even bothered with them yet.  In case people forgot, Mississippi was the one SLAMMED by the hurricane, New Orleans just had crappy levees that gave out later that day.  

So what am I missing here?  By the Dems' rationale, is it still all Bush's fault, since we've seen how many white people have been left to fend for themselves?  Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if they started spewing crap like, "Yeah, well those rednecks got what they deserved for all their years of oppressing others."

PS sorry if someone's already posted something similar
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
disenfranchised
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats what bothers me. Everyone is talking about NO where towns in Miss were worse off so it must be BECAUSE their black they get all the attention
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top