Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2002 9:58:28 PM EDT
... In light of the recent short-term "increase" in National major crime statistics.

[i]"Crime is like cutting grass," said Biden, chairman of the Senate Judiciary crime and drugs subcommittee. "Just because you cut it down doesn't mean it's going to stay there. . . . We have to increase our commitment to local law enforcement."[/i] - Joe Biden
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29717-2002Jun22.html[/url]

... yeah, throw more of our money and less of our involvement to resolve. Friggin' idiot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nothing about gun show roofholes, I mean, loopholes, or evil black cop killing assault guns, at least not yet.  Hopefully they will stick to the more scholarly and rational approach to the problem, as indicated in this article.
View Quote

... your [s]slip[/s] sarcasm is showing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nothing about gun show roofholes, I mean, loopholes, or evil black cop killing assault guns, at least not yet.
View Quote

There need not be a mention of the above items as they are universally recognized as areas where increased restrictions are gravely needed. Local law enforcement should receive as many tools as possible to fight the rising tide of domestic terrorism before another 9-11 or Oklahoma City bombing occurs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
i hope they fix the gunshow roofholes, its not pretty what a little rainwater can to to a SxS shotgun!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#6]
More to the localities.  I remember in NJ, when Bergen County got some "crime fighting" grants, they went out and bought more traffic radar guns.  Happened about 15 years ago.  Might have been more since then I don't know about.  That one was reported in "The Record," which surprised me almost as much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top