Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2006 9:13:38 AM EDT
'Day' lets Rhames battle zombies again
From United Press International
July 19, 2006 7:04 AM EDT
LOS ANGELES, Jul 18, 2006 (UPI via COMTEX) -- Actor Ving Rhames has signed on to co-star in the U.S. film remake of "Day of the Dead," going head-to-head for the second time with the walking dead.

Daily Variety reported that the 47-year-old actor, who also fought zombies in the 2004 remake of "Dawn of the Dead," will be joined on set by fellow actors Mena Suvari and Nick Cannon to create the Steve Miner-directed horror film.

"Day," like its predecessor "Dawn," was originally created by horror legend George Romero and features surviving humans attempting to avoid attacks from the undead.

Jeffrey Riddick, the screenwriter behind the "Final Destination" film franchise, is set to pen the film's script with Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films producing, Variety said.

URL: www.upi.com
Link Posted: 7/19/2006 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
OK. How the fuck did they get off that island?
Link Posted: 7/19/2006 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm guessing that they tied a bunch of "dead" zombies together and made a raft. If the professor was there he could have made them a gps out of coconuts.
Link Posted: 7/19/2006 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Doh. my bad
Link Posted: 7/19/2006 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

make oars?
Link Posted: 7/19/2006 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope it doesnt suck as bad as the original one, that movie was "hella" lame.

PLEASE make it better...
Link Posted: 7/19/2006 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#6]
They've got to make it dark and heavy like the Dawn of the Dead remake and I think as far as the original script goes....toss it, they should have only the name in common with the original Day of the Dead.  Lots of action, lots of guns...maybe a nice break with some mild humor like the mall scene, but nothing over the top humor wise.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2006 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hope it doesnt suck as bad as the original one, that movie was "hella" lame.

PLEASE make it better...

oh come on all the hip firing was great
Link Posted: 7/25/2006 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Mena Suvari

Noooooooooo....this movie is supposed to have zombies, not aliens.

Cast so far:
Christa Campbell .... Ms. Letiner
Nick Cannon ....
AnnaLynne McCord
Ving Rhames
Stark Sands
Mira Sorvino
Mena Suvari
Michael Welch .... Trevor

The original was good for the first 10 minutes when the people landed the helicopter to search for survivors. The ruined town infested with zombies looked great.
After that, Romero's cornball dialogue and over-the-top characters (along with Bub the semi-intelligent zombie) ruined the movie.
Link Posted: 7/25/2006 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They've got to make it dark and heavy like the Dawn of the Dead remake and I think as far as the original script goes....toss it, they should have only the name in common with the original Day of the Dead.  Lots of action, lots of guns...maybe a nice break with some mild humor like the mall scene, but nothing over the top humor wise.  

I agree that it should be name only.  It should be totally different with them fighting to survive in a city full of zombies.
Link Posted: 7/26/2006 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Mena Suvari

Cast so far:
Nick Cannon ....
AnnaLynne McCord
Ving Rhames
Stark Sands
Mira Sorvino
Mena Suvari

The original was good for the first 10 minutes when the people landed the helicopter to search for survivors. The ruined town infested with zombies looked great.
After that, Romero's cornball dialogue and over-the-top characters (along with Bub the semi-intelligent zombie) ruined the movie.

I think you have this confused with Land of the Dead.

This would be the sequel to the mall one.
I foget, didn't Ving Rhames just walk away from the mall in the first movie to look for family members.
I liked the remake, especially the first 10 minute with the little girl zombie.
Link Posted: 7/26/2006 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mena Suvari

Cast so far:
Nick Cannon ....
AnnaLynne McCord
Ving Rhames
Stark Sands
Mira Sorvino
Mena Suvari

I think you have this confused with Land of the Dead.  Wrong.  At the beginning of the Original Day of the Dead, they land a helicopter in a city and use a megaphone to see if anyone is left alive.  The dead start going towards the people.  That was teh best part of the movie.

I foget, didn't Ving Rhames just walk away from the mall in the first movie to look for family members. Nope he went to the mall with the rest.

At the end of the movie, they all get on the boat.

If you watch through the end of the credits, you get a video of them arriving on some land.  When they get off the boat and start walking towards land, you see in the woods a bunch of zombies running towards them.  Then survivors run towards the boat, the camera is dropped and the movie finally ends.

Was a nice ending, sad they did that after the credits since most people dont' stay for them or watch them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2006 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Mena Suvari

Actually I would like to see a good Alien Zombie movie would be an interesting twist.  Aliens come down and try to eat our brains cause they are zombies.  Or Aliens come down after the Zombie Apocalypse and then all hell breaks lose.
Link Posted: 7/27/2006 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mena Suvari

Cast so far:
Nick Cannon ....
AnnaLynne McCord
Ving Rhames
Stark Sands
Mira Sorvino
Mena Suvari

I think you have this confused with Land of the Dead.  Wrong.  At the beginning of the Original Day of the Dead, they land a helicopter in a city and use a megaphone to see if anyone is left alive.  The dead start going towards the people.  That was teh best part of the movie.

I foget, didn't Ving Rhames just walk away from the mall in the first movie to look for family members. Nope he went to the mall with the rest.

If you watch through the end of the credits, you get a video of them arriving on some land.  When they get off the boat and start walking towards land, you see in the woods a bunch of zombies running towards them.  Then survivors run towards the boat, the camera is dropped and the movie finally ends.

Was a nice ending, sad they did that after the credits since most people dont' stay for them or watch them.
So what happenes to the other two ?
Link Posted: 7/27/2006 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I telling you now this movie WILL SUCK.

Why?

Jeffrey Riddick, the screenwriter behind the "Final Destination" film franchise

Thats Why.

It will be one big pile of shit.

Link Posted: 7/27/2006 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#15]
C'mon, get down with the sickness.
Link Posted: 7/27/2006 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mena Suvari

Actually I would like to see a good Alien Zombie movie would be an interesting twist.  Aliens come down and try to eat our brains cause they are zombies.  Or Aliens come down after the Zombie Apocalypse and then all hell breaks lose.

Its been done.

Ever see the movie 'Undead'?

starts off with zombies, then switches to aliens, then back to zombies...

horrible, horrible waste o' time

back to topic- Im assuming the new 'Day' will be using the hyperactive zombies, instead of the proper Romero-esque lazy-assed zombies, no?
Link Posted: 7/28/2006 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mena Suvari

Cast so far:
Nick Cannon ....
AnnaLynne McCord
Ving Rhames
Stark Sands
Mira Sorvino
Mena Suvari

What other 2?
Link Posted: 7/28/2006 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#18]
ZOMBIE WITH A PISTOL YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........No. That movie was crap.

ETA: which moive was it when there are these kids that get guns and get a meet truck and get the zombies to follow them? In the end the zombies fry and the National Guard comes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2006 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mena Suvari

Cast so far:
Nick Cannon ....
AnnaLynne McCord
Ving Rhames
Stark Sands
Mira Sorvino
Mena Suvari

What other 2?

I ment three sorry .
There was three others on the boat with him .
The girl , Anna , and the dork gurad .
Link Posted: 7/29/2006 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I ment three sorry .

As I stated above.  After the credits end, the camera shows them landing somwhere. Don't know where.  They land at a dock.  They get off and start towards land.  Then you see lots of zombies running through the woods at them.  It shows them running back towards the boat.  The camera is dropped and thats where it really ends.  I think there were gun shots, but it doesn't show anyone getting killed.  It left it open for a sequel for sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2006 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I ment three sorry .

As I stated above.  After the credits end, the camera shows them landing somwhere. Don't know where.  They land at a dock.  They get off and start towards land.  Then you see lots of zombies running through the woods at them.  It shows them running back towards the boat.  The camera is dropped and thats where it really ends.  I think there were gun shots, but it doesn't show anyone getting killed.  It left it open for a sequel for sure.
Well yes I did see that .
If Ving is comeing back , what happens to the others . I don't see any of others named in the credits.
IS ving going to be Human Kenneth or Zombie Kennath ?
Or is he doing anentierly differant role , which is just bat shit to be honest .
Link Posted: 7/29/2006 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I ment three sorry .

Well yes I did see that .
If Ving is comeing back , what happens to the others . I don't see any of others named in the credits.
IS ving going to be Human Kenneth or Zombie Kennath ?
Or is he doing anentierly differant role , which is just bat shit to be honest .

Ah.  I"m sure it will be set further in the future and probably died.  lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope there's an Arfcommer character in the story. You know, has the guns, ammo, food, and a plan.
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I hope there's an Arfcommer character in the story. You know, has the guns, ammo, food, and a plan.

Or an "ARFcom survivalist" with an underground shelter with a bunch of ham radios. But that will end fast when a zombie trips over an antenna and the person has to go outside to fix it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm thinking more of a leadership character that can whip the wussies into shape, teach them some gun handling, and lead the fight to recover a city. He could have a 10-22 and .38 and make headshots.
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I telling you now this movie WILL SUCK.

Why?

Jeffrey Riddick, the screenwriter behind the "Final Destination" film franchise

Thats Why.

It will be one big pile of shit.

Yeah, I tend to agree that the fact that Riddick as the screenwriter does not inspire confidence in the movie turning out to be as good as DOD remake.  

Land of the Dead was soooo bad I just about walked out of the theater...I am not a fan of the original Dawn of the Dead and have never been able to watch all of Day of the Dead because it sucked so bad.   So far I have only ever liked the first part of 28 Days Later (second part sucked); Dawn of the Dead Remake; and the original Night of the Living Dead. Oh yeah, I loved Shaun of the Dead

I have a bad feeling that we'll end up seeing characters running around firing Class III weapons in each hand while wearing black leather.  Hope I'm wrong.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Who's gonna play Bub?

Nick Cannon
Ving Rhames
Mira Sorvino
Mena Suvari
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh so tagged for more information
Link Posted: 7/30/2006 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mena Suvari

I think it could rock to have a clan of Predators set down after everyone on the whole planet has become zombies. I'd like to see how many of them one of those razor disks could cut through in one throw.
Link Posted: 7/31/2006 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#30]
A zombie/alien movie??? You guys can't be serious.  That would be terrible and outside of teenagers I don't think a lot of people would like it.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2006 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#31]

A zombie/alien movie??? You guys can't be serious. That would be terrible and outside of teenagers I don't think a lot of people would like it.

It has been done, and it was done right by James Gunn (who also wrote the screenplay for the Dawn remake) in the movie Slither.  Don't be scared off by his history of Troma flicks and Scooby Doo .

I liked Slither (2006). It was the last horror movie that I saw in a theater that I actually liked.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0439815/

I can't wait for the DVD to be released.  

ETA:
This title will be released on October 24, 2006.

WTF?!?!? A POS like The Hills Have Eyes made it on to DVD in a matter of weeks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#32]
How about  Alien VS Predator VS Zombie?
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You obviously never watched the special features on the DVD.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#34]
so.......any ideas when this might come out?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You obviously never watched the special features on the DVD.

But the problem is he didn't have enough food or a plan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top